Talk

Advanced search

...or is it considered acceptable these days to share one's bodily fluids with everyone else?

(30 Posts)
MrsThierryHenry Mon 21-Jul-08 21:36:35

I'm going to have a whinge.

I hate people sneezing and not covering their mouths.

I hate people coughing and not covering their mouths.

I hate people spitting or coughing up great big balls of green phlegm and leaving them on the pavement.

I hate people leaving their dog sh*t on the pavement.

There. I've had my moan. Am I really being all that unreasonable? Or is anyone else with me?

VeronicaMars Mon 21-Jul-08 21:37:50

No not unreasonable at all. I hate all that too.

elmoandella Mon 21-Jul-08 21:38:06

some folk are just grotty

kerryk Mon 21-Jul-08 21:38:15

the dog shit one really gets me, we walk down a lovely quiet tree lined path to get to dd's school but it is always covered in dog shit. i am so fed up of cleaning dd's shoes.

juneybean Mon 21-Jul-08 21:39:10

Bleurgh at number 3!!!

YANBU!

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 21-Jul-08 21:39:20

yy, YANBU

All listed above is horrid

bellavita Mon 21-Jul-08 21:40:23

I hate all that too, especially the doggie doo which we had to dodge this afternoon when coming home from school.

Bumperlicious Mon 21-Jul-08 21:41:54

I abhor spitting - so unnecessary. Do it into a hanky if you must <prim>

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Mon 21-Jul-08 21:43:42

yanbu bleughhhhhhhhhhh

wooga Mon 21-Jul-08 21:43:54

You're definitely not being unreasonable.

It makes me so angry

Purplepillow Mon 21-Jul-08 21:48:51

I totaly agree YANBU

As a dog owner I really detest seeing dog poo left lying around, it's not the dog's fault but their LAZY owners.angry

MrsThierryHenry Mon 21-Jul-08 21:55:03

Bumper - I know! How much does a blardy tissue cost?

GodzillasBumcheek Mon 21-Jul-08 21:57:33

Does sneezing without opening your mouth count? If i can't get to a hankie quick enough...

MrsThierryHenry Mon 21-Jul-08 23:18:01

Godzilla! I suppose it depends on how much nasal 'spray' shoots out...!

Too much detail!!! <sicky green emoticon>

donovan Mon 21-Jul-08 23:22:24

My ds sneezes very violently and I have told him/pleaded with him bribed him, to put his hand over his face, will he do it, will he hell. Now he gets a demerit on his reward chart if he does this. IMO it is socially unaccetable to do any of these nowadays. Mind you I haven't seen any WHITE dog shit in years.

Ellbell Mon 21-Jul-08 23:32:00

I reckon that someone bet MrsTH that she couldn't start an AIBU thread on which not one person would tell her that she was, indeed, BU. wink

However, I cannot force myself to say that you are being even remotely unreasonable to object to all of the above, so I'll help you win your bet: YANBU!

Hannah81 Mon 21-Jul-08 23:37:30

Oh I HATE all those too - even my 3yr old knows to cover his mouth when sneezing and coughing - and the only time he gets to spit, is the toothpaste into the sink! The dog shit one really is the worst IMO because there is something in it that can cause blindness isnt there??

And whilst we're on the moan here...
I am not a cat owner, but why is it UNacceptable for a dog to shit wherever, but acceptable for a cat? Cats are not clean animals - they may be clean in your home because they don't shit there - they shit in everyone elses gardens - the previous owner of my house had a cat - just the one cat - and they left us with the worst case of fleas that our environmental health department had ever seen - filthy i tell you!

UnquietDad Mon 21-Jul-08 23:38:49

When I'm in charge, spitters will be first up against the wall.

VeniVidiVickiQV Mon 21-Jul-08 23:41:20

Not unreasonable. But, remind me never to introduce you to my DS.

Amphibimum Mon 21-Jul-08 23:45:06

yabu

no reason. just like to swim against the tide wink

MrsThierryHenry Mon 21-Jul-08 23:52:07

Ellbell - hahahahaha!

Thing is, if everyone agrees with me, why is there so much sh*t and p*ss and phlegm, etc, all over the place? Surely someone, somewhere, must think it's acceptable, right? hmm

(unless it's just Amphibimum doing her deeds all over the world?!)

zazen Mon 21-Jul-08 23:53:58

I suppose their mum's do?
I've had a lot worse from my DD!!!! grin

theressomethingaboutmarie Tue 22-Jul-08 08:34:12

I agree with them all but then (confession alert), I do spit on the grass when running if I've got a greeny.... blush

posieflump Tue 22-Jul-08 08:37:23

it's only teenagers who plegm up in public isn't it, amd smokers wink

posieflump Tue 22-Jul-08 08:37:38

oh and footballers.... yuk!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now