Talk

Advanced search

To wash my children in the garden?

(12 Posts)
Ripeberry Mon 21-Jul-08 20:39:07

Well, they were SO MUDDY there was no way they were walking into the house.
They had been making mud pies at the bottom of the back garden and literally covered themselves from top to toe in mud!
Was going to water the garden anyway, so decided to hose them down as well.
They LOVED IT!
Finally go them clean and into the shower for a warm up.
They still had their clothes on so at least they are not too dirty for the washing machine either.
They want to do this again when it gets even hotter.

nametaken Mon 21-Jul-08 20:42:41

YANBU lol - I do this all the time. Our garden isn't overlooked so I give them the old "strip and hose" treatment. I even wash their hair and use the hose to rinse off. The water's warm though.

It's an awful lot quicker than getting 3 of them in and out of the shower.

morningpaper Mon 21-Jul-08 20:45:33

YANBU

Can I recommend buying a garden shower? I got a fab one last year from Lidl for 9.99. It is on a tripod and you plug the garden hose into the base of the shower, turn it on and BINGO - a garden shower!!!! It is FABEROONI. And sometimes I plug it into the hot tap and turn the thermostat down low and let the kids have a WARM SHOWER in the paddling pool.

RubySlippers Mon 21-Jul-08 20:47:16

of course YANBU

i bet they had so much fun

DS had custard play at nursery last week - children, IMVHO, need to get very dirty/messy fairly often

norkmaiden Mon 21-Jul-08 20:49:20

grin at title

yanb at all u!

MP's garden shower sounds ace

MmeBovary Mon 21-Jul-08 20:50:18

When dd was little we stayed in a couple of places where there was only a shower. She was absolutely terrified of the shower, but first time (about 2.5) we had a blow up boat, 2nd time (3.5) we had bought a mini paddling pool. So I used to fill them with warm water and bath her outside. Lots of bubbles and toys. She loved it - more like an extension of the day at the pool than a bath. I did feel a bit chavvy doing it I must admit, but at least she was clean and not traumatised....

morningpaper Mon 21-Jul-08 20:55:49

the garden shower is fab

have put old pic of it on profile grin

norkmaiden Mon 21-Jul-08 20:57:32

oh cool shower! Note what expected at all - it looks enormous. I'll keep an eye out for one grin

justaboutagrownup Mon 21-Jul-08 21:10:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Carmenere Mon 21-Jul-08 21:12:58

That looks ace MP. My parents have a shower in their garden for when they get out of the sea, it is lovely having a hot shower after getting out of the cold sea.

minouminou Mon 21-Jul-08 21:58:10

Not at all
It reminds me of that scene in "Pulp Fiction", though, when Vince and Jules are hosed down by Harvey Keitel.
All of which just adds to the fun, no doubt.

NineYearsOfNappies Tue 22-Jul-08 14:05:06

Definitely not unreasonable - that's why we put bubble bath in the paddling pool!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now