Talk

Advanced search

to want to just leave him when he says "a big tin of magnolia, that's what we need!"

(22 Posts)
fryalot Mon 21-Jul-08 15:16:44

when discussing how to decorate the house...

I've got nothing against magnolia in principle. But in every room. Hall, stairs, landing, the lot...

really?
am I?

MrsTittleMouse Mon 21-Jul-08 15:22:13

Depends on how old your DC are and how much money/time/energy you have at the moment. With one little destroyer around, and one on the way, there is no way that I'm going to spend the money on nice colours of paint and then have to spend forever "touching up" when we buy a house.
<sigh> While I was writing this I just turned around and found DD1 drawing on the wall of our (rented) house with a red crayon. I rest my case. hmm

ThatBigGermanPrison Mon 21-Jul-08 15:23:04

No, yanbu

fryalot Mon 21-Jul-08 15:23:19

oh bugger.

You've used the one argument that will make me think that a big tin of magnolia is exactly what we need!

hey ho

grin

superflybaby Mon 21-Jul-08 15:26:00

My DP painted our entire house in white. I'm not allowed any pictures or mirrors up & I feel like I'm living in some kind of institution!

yanbu Magnolia!? Not sure I could cope with that.

By the way, our house has been white for 3 years, I have a 26 mo & so far so good grin

MrsTittleMouse Mon 21-Jul-08 15:27:10

Aha, yes, I've just noticed that you have a son of two. That would do it.
Actually, seeing as you have a 14 year old too - how old will my lovely DDs have to be before I can actually decorate properly? Or does that happen after they've all left home? Hm, of course, at some point the grandchildren will (hopefully) be coming to stay. Better make it a very large tin of Magnolia. grin

fryalot Mon 21-Jul-08 15:27:58

oh don't worry, I'm sure your little one won't draw on those white walls

if you never let them get hold of a crayon

grin

superflybaby Mon 21-Jul-08 15:29:56

whats a crayon? wink

fryalot Mon 21-Jul-08 15:30:52

mrsTM - the only difference is the style of scribble...

if it looks like this, it's ds

this tells me it was dd1

MrsTittleMouse Mon 21-Jul-08 15:31:33

Something that everyone else buys for your DC. Like the really noisy flashy plastic toys.

fryalot Mon 21-Jul-08 15:31:47

superflybaby - this should keep you going for a little while

FluffyMummy123 Mon 21-Jul-08 15:32:50

Message withdrawn

superflybaby Mon 21-Jul-08 15:33:57

arrrgghh noooooooooo

The stuff nightmares are made of

MrsTittleMouse Mon 21-Jul-08 15:34:12

grin
I had a friend who tried to get her sister to take the blame for her graffiti by writing her name - but forgot that her sister couldn't write yet.

brimfull Mon 21-Jul-08 15:34:32

our whole house is cream

notjustmom Mon 21-Jul-08 15:36:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FluffyMummy123 Mon 21-Jul-08 15:38:14

Message withdrawn

superflybaby Mon 21-Jul-08 15:41:44

Do you remember the decor of the 90's?

Blue & Yellow Check anyone?... nice.

fryalot Mon 21-Jul-08 15:46:43

notjustmom - you make it sound nice actually

We currently have a white bathroom with checked tiles on the floor, a yellow kitchen (it gets nice and bright in there so it looks good), a terracotta (ish) living room and all the other rooms are magnolia.

I'll get used to it

umberella Mon 21-Jul-08 15:48:15

i wanted our house to be all white but bloody dp wouldn't let me.

The thought of coloured walls literally filled me with horror.

We have farrow& ball creamy living room, 'mossy' colored kitchen (I fought hard against athat but it is actually lovely), white hall and bathroom, white bedroom and pale yelly dd bedroom.

i still would have preferred just white.

It's the art student in me.

superflybaby Mon 21-Jul-08 15:57:40

That sounds like a really lovely combo throughout your home umbrella. All 3 colours sound like they compliment each other & you have the white to calm things down. envy smile

notjustmom Mon 21-Jul-08 16:43:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now