Talk

Advanced search

... to think my colleague shouldn't have eaten my biscuit?

(33 Posts)
Anglepoise Mon 21-Jul-08 11:47:25

I had my last day at work on Friday before starting maternity leave <punches air>

One of my duties before I left was training up my replacement. I actually worked with him at a different firm a few years ago for a couple of months, so knew him by name though not very well, and then we spent two afternoons together last week - in other words, I don't know him very well.

Anyway, on Friday, I was showing him how to do something on my computer, then moved out of the way to let him have a go himself. I had a half-eaten choccie biccie on the side next to my keyboard. When he took my place at the computer, he said, "Gosh, that looks so delicious that I'm just going to have to eat it!" - and did!

Is it just me or is it very weird to eat the partially-eaten food of near-strangers? hmm

(And in case anyone's wondering, I'm not exactly torturing myself over this, just work -avoiding wink)

BroccoliSpears Mon 21-Jul-08 11:48:33

That is very odd behaviour.

Hassled Mon 21-Jul-08 11:51:37

You might consider yourself near-strangers but he obviously feels well and truly bonded

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 21-Jul-08 11:53:20

That is odd.

MrsTittleMouse Mon 21-Jul-08 11:53:29

He stole food from a pregnant woman?!? shock Does he have a death wish? grin

Thisismynewname Mon 21-Jul-08 11:55:33

Yuck!

Anglepoise Mon 21-Jul-08 11:56:58

MrsTM pmsl!

Bumblelion Mon 21-Jul-08 11:58:12

One thing I can't ever do is take other people's food. I can't even finish other people's left-overs, even my children's. To me, it is just yuk!

Smithagain Mon 21-Jul-08 11:58:52

I went to a church training thingy recently where one of the activities was making chocolate crispy cakes (there was a very good reason for this, which I won't bore you with - stay with me).

Later on, we were sitting round tables listening to a speaker. I had my two crispy cakes on a paper plate, waiting till they were set enough to pack up and take home. At which point a rather dignified, elderly vicar carefully stretched across and gobbled one up.

Am still not entirely sure whether he is a closest bakery thief or whether he honestly didn't that they were mine!

frisbyrat Mon 21-Jul-08 11:59:36

I would have told him I had oral thrush (once he'd swallowed it). angry on your behalf!

frisbyrat Mon 21-Jul-08 12:00:25

Claerly that's anglepoise's colleague, not t'vicar!

StealthPolarBear Mon 21-Jul-08 12:01:38

what a very strange thing for him to do.

Anglepoise Mon 21-Jul-08 12:05:09

It is weird, isn't it? hmm I wasn't sure if I was just being unduly precious! I was so taken aback I didn't say anything, but I think he realised it was a bit wrong because he later went and got a stack of biscuits and left them on my desk (which I ended up throwing away, which tbh annoyed me more than the original theft had). On the plus side, it's been tickling me ever since!

StealthPolarBear Mon 21-Jul-08 12:12:37

i bet it was one of those moments he's looking back on and cringing!

lazaroulovesleggings Mon 21-Jul-08 12:13:19

LOL

yorkshirepudding Mon 21-Jul-08 12:15:07

Message withdrawn

MrsJohnCusack Mon 21-Jul-08 12:29:53

I am really, really greedy but I would NEVER do that

but why did you throw away biscuits?????????????????/

Sim43 Mon 21-Jul-08 12:37:05

Yuk, ,I could never eat someone elses left over food. Occasionally I will finish something DS doesn't want, if he gets halfway through an ice-cream and doesn't want anymore I would finish it. But not someone I hardly know, that is yukky and very strange!

SoupDragon Mon 21-Jul-08 12:39:53

He got you a stack of biscuits. I'd forgive most things for that.

Anglepoise Mon 21-Jul-08 12:40:24

I threw away biscuits blush because (1) he'd carried them over to my desk in his hands and I am precious about other people's hands and (2) by this time it was 9 pm and I really wasn't in the mood either for biscuits or carrying them home.

Backgammon Mon 21-Jul-08 12:41:25

I had a friend at school who used to do weird things like this without thinking. The science teacher was talking to her once and she hid behind her hair then popped out and went "peepo!"

Funniest thing was, in later life, she became a teacher and a child pointed his finger at her and she went to bite it! hmm

She was an odd girl, agree your colleague must be cringeing now.

mumblesmummy Mon 21-Jul-08 18:03:18

Have you seen friends with Roadd, 'MY TURKEY SANDWICH???'

Someone at work came over and took my half eaten packet of crisps off me and ate them. I don't know if he thought he could do it because he's my boss or what.

But then someone ate my yoghurt!! I mean, did they bring their own spoon or what?

It is weird. Some people are weird.

But when I was pregnant I probly would have kicked him in the shin for eating my grub lol

RubyRioja Mon 21-Jul-08 18:06:28

I pinched a strangers' fries and coke in Macd once. I thought they were mine, leaned over, tooka long slurp and complained it was not diet coke.

The staff member and he then explained to me I was a food thief. I was so embarassed and they were peeing their pants.

Fortunatley I was vastly pg and so got sympathy wherever I went

wotulookinat Mon 21-Jul-08 18:14:37

It is an odd thing to have done. Must have been a damn tasty looking biscuit. What sort was it?

muggglewump Mon 21-Jul-08 18:21:31

Ewww.
Why would you eat food that had touched someone elses mouth?
Later we can get on to the fact that it's weird behaviour and then about it being a biscuit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now