Talk

Advanced search

to be mad at my friend

(7 Posts)
juneybean Sun 20-Jul-08 19:56:39

She's constantly trying to match make me with people and I'm quite happy on my ownsome but some male attention wouldn't go amiss.

She asked me for my number yesterday even though she already had it and I said "Why?" and she just replied "oh you'll see"

Today she asked me "did you get any messages?" and I said "Who from?" and she names this bloke she thinks would be perfect for me even though I've never met him.

Am I being unreasonable to think she shouldn't give my number out without asking me first?

BetteNoire Sun 20-Jul-08 19:58:08

Of course she shouldn't give your number out without asking first.

Tell her.

LittleMissTickles Sun 20-Jul-08 20:00:41

YANBU, you need to talk to her about this.

Hecate Sun 20-Jul-08 20:10:32

No you are not. Tell her to not give out your number to strangers. (or you'll scrawl hers on public toilet walls! wink)

nickytwotimes Sun 20-Jul-08 20:13:19

YANBU.
I would never give a friends number to anyone without permission.

MrsTiddles Sun 20-Jul-08 20:38:26

YANBU

its hugely annoying when someone does this. I had it when I was single and I almost stopped talking to the friend. She would give people my number who had expressed interest in me who I'd said NO WAY about. They'd assume I'd agreed to have my number passed on and then I'd be like, no sorry, I dn't want to go out for a drink.

You have to be very clear and say STOP or BUTT OUT of my private life. Its like a game or a project for them and frankly it can be patronising and insulting.

sorry, bit ranty here but it really bugs me when friends decide to do this unasked.

juneybean Sun 20-Jul-08 21:08:11

LOL @ Hecate

Thanks for all your replies, I will definately talk to her.

She had been grating on me lately anyways and this as just topped it all off angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now