Talk

Advanced search

to be p'd off when someone looks at my stomach to check and then says 'is it time for another baby'

(5 Posts)
anotherdayyetanothernickame Sun 20-Jul-08 19:47:15

An acquaintance said to me today 'how's baby' and I said 'oh he's great, actually he's not really a baby anymore, he's 3'.
Fine and it was nice of him to ask.

But then he looked at my stomach and then up at my face and said 'isn't it time for another then?'

Why did he need to look at my stomach?

As a matter of fact I can't have more children without lengthy IVF etc but I didn't think it was any of his business so didn't say that!

Grrrr....rant over.

I know that people are often genuinely curious etc but it is annoying!

mummyloveslucy Sun 20-Jul-08 21:27:57

Yes it is anoying, I'm in the same boat as you. I just feel so blessed to have my daughter. Why do people just asume you are going to have another?
I don't know why he looked at your stomach though hmm Strange man.

windygalestoday Sun 20-Jul-08 21:31:00

we have a crazy irish friend whose lovely but she always rubs my tummy and says you need another baby shock everytime she does it i feel like a fat old cow angry

windygalestoday Sun 20-Jul-08 21:32:07

anotherday - my friend who will only ever have one child has a crackin reply - 'no no more for us - you cant improve on perfectiongrin'

anotherdayyetanothernickame Sun 20-Jul-08 21:34:09

That is a good line - I might use that one!

Yep MLL very weird that he looked at my stomach ...what was he expecting to see!??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now