Talk

Advanced search

Suppose you have guests in your house ...

(28 Posts)
trefusis Sun 20-Jul-08 18:49:51

Message withdrawn

belgo Sun 20-Jul-08 18:51:38

I would be very surprised if another parent ever offered to changed my baby's nappy. I would probably say no (unless I had my hand's full with other children).

The '"in case you trip and drop the baby"? is very PFB!

KatieDD Sun 20-Jul-08 18:52:02

I wouldn't let anyone else change my baby and I think anyone would find the trip with the baby a bit OTT but if it's a PFB what can you say.

belgo Sun 20-Jul-08 18:52:03

I'd say b).

RubySlippers Sun 20-Jul-08 18:52:23

if anyone offered to change my baby's stinky nappy i would be very pleased - man, woman or goat

I don't like the automatic suscipcion that men seem to live under

cor, imagine a man actually taking an active part in child rearing ...

FabioTheWhisperingCat Sun 20-Jul-08 18:53:03

Seems like a case of pfb to me.
All parents of pfbs suspect every other man, woman, child and fluffy pet of being a dodgy child battering psycho, incapable of smiling safely at a baby, let alone ascending to another storey. You're quite lucky they didn't shoot him.
They'll get over it as soon as they have a NSC.

Though tbh I don't know why anyone would volunteer to change a nappy.

cornsilk Sun 20-Jul-08 18:53:10

why is it a slur on your dh's morality?

DanJARMouse Sun 20-Jul-08 18:53:20

nappy changing - if it isnt family, then no-one else does it.

i would find it very PFB

RubySlippers Sun 20-Jul-08 18:53:22

my best friends (childless) actually used to argue about who would change DS's nappies

trefusis Sun 20-Jul-08 18:56:36

Message withdrawn

TinkerBellesMum Sun 20-Jul-08 19:04:25

Sounds very (b). I'd love for someone to change Tink's nappy, especially at the moment with me being pregnant I'm always grateful when she gets them out at the CM or GPs!

I've never been this PFB I keep hearing about (as far as I know!) and I guess I'm someone who you would expect it from considering she's actually my second child and we lost the first soon after birth. I wasn't even that worried about getting onto CONI.

amess Sun 20-Jul-08 19:10:21

I would just automatically follow without thinking because they wouldn't where things are, know how I do things, and would want a very clean baby botty. fussy I am but if baby is uncomfortable I'm the one left holding the baby!

mosschops30 Sun 20-Jul-08 19:11:46

can someone just tell me wtf PFB is, ive obviously missed this new one despite being on here 4 years wink

FAQ Sun 20-Jul-08 19:12:29

I'd let him get on with it and welcome the break from changing a smelly bottom - and I'd stay downstairs and make myself a cup of coffee while they were doing it grin

belgo Sun 20-Jul-08 19:12:49

PFB - precious first born
NSC - neglected subsequent child.

mosschops30 Sun 20-Jul-08 19:15:48

thanks belgo

ComeOVeneer Sun 20-Jul-08 19:18:21

Nah, I'd let them get on with it and just tell them to give me a shout if they couldn't find anything. If you don't trust them with your child why would you trust them to stay in your house/be friends with them?

ComeOVeneer Sun 20-Jul-08 19:19:26

And if you tripped going up the stairs you will fall forwards and land on the baby so 2 steps behind is of no use. 2 steps infront going down the stairs may help!

trefusis Sun 20-Jul-08 19:33:11

Message withdrawn

Monkeytrousers Sun 20-Jul-08 19:35:45

(b) a bit PFB but essentially benign

anotherdayyetanothernickame Sun 20-Jul-08 19:39:24

Fabio: re "All parents of pfbs suspect every other man, woman, child and fluffy pet of being a dodgy child battering psycho, incapable of smiling safely at a baby, let alone ascending to another storey. You're quite lucky they didn't shoot him.
They'll get over it as soon as they have a NSC."

I hope that was tongue in cheek....we're not all like that you know!

anotherdayyetanothernickame Sun 20-Jul-08 19:40:50

p.s. to the OP - I guess I would be surprised someone else volunteered to change any baby's nappy!

The tripping comment is so ridiculous - I mean why is your dh more likely to trip than anyone else (unless he was v. drunk!) Very odd and OTT comment by the mum!

BroccoliSpears Sun 20-Jul-08 19:50:48

I'm not keen on other people changing my babies' nappies. I know for a fact that no one loves my babies' bottoms or is as chilled about their contents as me, therefore it is logical to assume that no one else would do such a thorough and loving job of changing them. I really care about that last little damp crevice, and I run a loving hand over their clean little botty and bits to check no stickness, or even sniff to be sure! blush

When I say 'me', I mean DP too.

It's probably a reflection on me actually - I wouldn't clean another child's bum as lovingly as I would clean my own child's bum, so I assume it works the other way.

Gosh, what a long comment and strong feelings on the subject when the reality is that in over 2 years (dd) and 3 months (ds) only one person other than dp or me has ever offered to change a nappy!

The tripping on the stairs thing is lunacy, obviously.

palaver Sun 20-Jul-08 19:55:46

Seeing as my dh was always quite reluctant to change his own children's nappies, I think I would faint with shock if he offered to change a friend's child. smile

jammi Sun 20-Jul-08 22:02:32

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now