Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be a tad bit annoyed that expensive bike I gifted to neighbor's ds has been left out to rust in the rain....

(10 Posts)
KerryMum Sun 20-Jul-08 15:28:21

I know once you give something to someone it's there's. ds2 had outgrown it and their ds needed a proper bike. The H helps me out with things needing done occassionally and I thought I'd give it to their ds.

It was close to 100 pounds when my mum bought it for ds1 years ago and as I kept it in the shed it was in perfect condition. Now it's all rusty sad

CarGirl Sun 20-Jul-08 15:30:51

Yes YABU it was gift.

We don't have anywhere to put our bikes so we don't have much choice but to leave them out.

KerryMum Sun 20-Jul-08 15:31:44

they have two huge sheds

KerryMum Sun 20-Jul-08 15:32:34

theirs blush

I know it was a gift and all that and I haven't said anything and I won't but I'm still a bit, I don't know, not really annoyed, but sad about it.

Nettee Sun 20-Jul-08 15:36:05

Think about all the gifts your DC have been given that the don't use and are in the back of the cupboard - thank goodness the people who gave them to you aren't able to see what you are doing with them.

I am sure it is sad for you but as you say it is now their bike to do with what they like and not be judged.

squilly Sun 20-Jul-08 15:55:04

YABU, unless of course you gifted the expensive bike with rules and regulations. Thou shalt not get the bike wet; thou shalt not let the tyres deflate; thou shalt polish said bike daily.

If you said this, you are clearly being very reasonable

squilly Sun 20-Jul-08 15:56:13

Having said that , I'd be miffed too..but would keep it inside because I'm clearly quite two faced...

TheHedgeWitch Sun 20-Jul-08 16:13:16

Message withdrawn

Katisha Sun 20-Jul-08 16:17:26

gifted?

Drusilla Sun 20-Jul-08 16:23:06

I don't think YABU at all, but there is bugger all you can do about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now