Talk

Advanced search

letting dd make a bit of a mud mess in the street

(11 Posts)
kerryk Sat 19-Jul-08 19:35:00

we have a grassy area between the path in our street and the actual road, because of everyone parking on it the grass has all died and it is just earth.

because of all the rain it has turned into a swamp. dd1 and her friend are out playing in the muddy water with spades, carry the water from one puddle to another etc.

there is no cars near that could get muddy but the path looks a bit murky (will wash away with the next shower)

would you object if this was your street, i have a few new neighbours who dont have kids and might be a bit hmm even though one of the other mums in the street and just walked past and was laughing at how much fun they were having.

they are filthy!!!

maidamess Sat 19-Jul-08 19:36:02

Sounds like great fun. You could always go and sploosh it away with a bowl of water later I suppose.

kerryk Sat 19-Jul-08 19:37:00

good idea never thought about that

noonki Sat 19-Jul-08 19:37:44

Can we come round and join in!

mud is most certainly glorious and mudpies to those that disagree.

BetteNoire Sat 19-Jul-08 19:38:51

Anyone with a soul would see that they're just having fun.

BetteNoire Sat 19-Jul-08 19:40:02

(Film them and send it to Persil - their new slogan is "every child has the right to get dirty".) grin

kerryk Sat 19-Jul-08 19:41:14

think i will have to get a picture before she goes in the bath, she has not been in this much of a state since i weaned her.

Shoshe Sat 19-Jul-08 19:51:49

I took 6 mindees to the beach one October half term, (aged 3, 7,7,7,9,9) they climbed a slope about 5 ft behind were I was sitting making sandcastles with the three year old.

The slope was made of clay (Lulworth beach), and was a bit slippy, one of the 9 year old girls found a lenor bottle filled it with water and made it even slippier, they spent hours sliding up and down the slope, as you can imagine, they were caked in clay, and had to go home in their coats and knickers grin,

People kept stopping and saying thet kids should have fun like that. grin

nickytwotimes Sat 19-Jul-08 19:54:05

kerry, that sounds like the kind of thing los should be doing. Great fun!

wabbit Sat 19-Jul-08 19:56:47

I'm just liking the word Sploosh! smile Sounds likd great fun KerryK exactly whay children should be doing!

kerryk Sat 19-Jul-08 19:57:58

dd2 is now wishing she did not give in and go for a bath.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now