Talk

Advanced search

...to expect that when DH puts DS to bed he should cover him with a blanket?

(8 Posts)
MrsThierryHenry Sat 19-Jul-08 14:36:06

Just came home this lunchtime to find DH tucked up in bed (under the duvet) and DS fast asleep in his cot (no covers on him at all). It's not the first time my DH has put him in bed uncovered, and every time I ask him about it he makes an excuse, such as: I was going to go back and cover him once he'd settled.

We usually use grobags but realised yesterday that DS has now grown out of them, hence the need for blankets. But surely, if my DH could make himself warm and cosy under a whole duvet he could at least have dragged a blanket or two from the end of the cot and covered our DS? hmm Am I making a big deal out of nothing here?

theinsider Sat 19-Jul-08 15:17:37

YANBU, yes if he wanted to be under covers then your son probably did too.

It's pretty small thing to get het up about once, but if, as you say, it's an on-going problem then you've got more reason to gripe.

However... it is a bit "nothing-y" to make a big deal out of. Is he usually a good husband/father? If so then try to think of something he usually manages quite well and be grateful for that instead. If not, then save your fire for a bigger deal.

If you could change one thing about your husband's fathering skills then would you choose "always puts a cover on ds"? If not then maybe let it go.

MrsThierryHenry Sat 19-Jul-08 15:20:25

Hmmm...theinsider, I think you have a very good take on the matter. He is an excellent father, and it's certainly not the "one thing" I would change. I think that's a really good maxim for me to remember in future, so thanks for your advice (and I'm sure my DH would thank you profusely, too!).

nickytwotimes Sat 19-Jul-08 15:20:49

If your ds is remaining asleep, then it doesn't matter.
FWIW, my ds always kicks his blankets off during the day and if I pop them over him, he wiggles out again!

SoupDragon Sat 19-Jul-08 15:22:47

Was your son crying and miserable? No. He was fast asleep. I don't see the problem.

theinsider Sat 19-Jul-08 15:23:51

You're welcome. smile

muppetgirl Sat 19-Jul-08 15:24:37

Just as a quickie...is he worried about over heating your ds?

My dh can be a little anxious about that and I did forget it's not just me that is allowed to worry about the ds's.

When I put my DD down for a daytime nap, I never put a cover over her. Even when she was little, naps were on top of the covers, night time sleep was under them. Was recomended to do so to help her see the difference between the sleeps. Maybe your DH was doing the same?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now