Talk

Advanced search

to wish it would stop raining in July?

(7 Posts)
juneybean Sat 19-Jul-08 14:23:24

There was a very hot day in May and I had the beginnings of a lovely tan!

But now....I'm pale...and it's always raining !!!!!

It's July for christ sake!!

Anyone else feeling glum with the weather??

southeastastra Sat 19-Jul-08 14:25:06

yes sick of bringing in and putting out washing

squilly Sat 19-Jul-08 17:42:40

We've been having typical June weather. Remember the floods last year? It's our typical British summer, ie crap.

We had a couple of good, hot summers a few years ago, and everyone yelled 'global warming' and promised threatened we'd have hotter summers ever after! Yeah right! But that was the aberration...not the weather we're having now (sadly).

Still...you are not being unreasonable at all.

July is supposed to get better (allegedly). Keep em crossed!

shinyshoes Sat 19-Jul-08 18:04:51

I wpuldnt hold my breath for any sun any time soon.

I too am sick of not hanging out washing for fear of it raining then we don't have rain despite there being black clouds everywhere.

Then when the skies are blue and I go to town it pisses down and I've got washing out.

I booked the babys baptism in August as I reckoned it would be better weather, even thats not guarenteed now.

GRRR, roll on winter, I hibernate in the winter, it's cosy, I watch crap on TV and eat stodge,and if you have to go out theres a pot of something yummy in the slow cooker when you get in.

Having said that winter isn't very, frostbite cold nowadays anyway.

whine, whinge, whine, whinge, thats me grin

ecoworrier Sat 19-Jul-08 18:09:48

Where are you all living? I'm still hanging my washing out every day and it's still drying...

It's lovely here at the moment. We had a few 'spots' earlier on, but came to nothing and it's blue skies and a nice breeze.

But then I hate really hot weather!

squilly Sat 19-Jul-08 18:11:50

And September is usually good, weather wise. I think the main problem is that the weather this time last year was TOTALLY AWFUL. I think we're winding up for it!

juneybean Sat 19-Jul-08 18:14:02

I'm up North in Sunderland, it's finally stopped raining and the sun has come out!

Amazing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now