Talk

Advanced search

to think nursery shouldn't have given mil an invoice for fees

(11 Posts)
whoops Fri 18-Jul-08 18:30:45

when she was picking up as a one off and then they refused to take the £1.75 that was owed?
They had obviously made a revised invoice for the month for an extra 1/2 hour but showed the full amount charged for the month but I don't really want mil seeing how much monthly fees normally are

kerryk Fri 18-Jul-08 19:01:32

no not good.

at my nursery if we absolutly have to send information home it is done in a sealed envelope otherwise it waits till the parents are back in.

memoo Fri 18-Jul-08 19:53:27

its breaking confidentialty

more Fri 18-Jul-08 19:55:16

If her name is not on the invoice then they have no right to give it to her.

Very wrong of them.

Did you complain?

whoops Fri 18-Jul-08 19:58:18

I will complain to them on Monday when I take dd in.

dilemma456 Fri 18-Jul-08 20:45:31

Message withdrawn

VanillaPumpkin Fri 18-Jul-08 20:52:44

Gosh, is this really a problem shock?

Our fee requests go on a sheet of paper with whoever collects the child on that day. Why is it a big secret?

onepieceoflollipop Fri 18-Jul-08 20:56:43

YANBU. Also our nursery (for good payers and reliable parents) wouldn't bother charging for an extra £1.75. Surely by the time they have revised the invoice, printed it off, and possibly cashed a cheque for this little amount, it would have cost them almost that amount in admin??

whoops Fri 18-Jul-08 20:59:45

THe problem is I don't want MIL knowing how much we spend on nursery fees - our money our business.
I can't see why they couldn't have added the £1.75 on to next months invoice

MsHighwater Fri 18-Jul-08 21:01:36

Our invoices come home with dd but they are in a sealed envelope and if someone other than dh or me was picking her up I would expect them just to hand it over.

But then I have no problem who knows how much we pay. The fees that the place charges are easily obtainable and we make no secret of how often she goes so anyone who wanted to could work it out, if it was that important to them.

VanillaPumpkin Fri 18-Jul-08 21:05:16

Our Nursery/ Pre-school is purely sessional, and the fees are very easily available. Most places are funded. Perhaps this is the difference then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now