Talk

Advanced search

to put a no junk mail sign on the door

(15 Posts)
misdee Fri 18-Jul-08 13:41:46

as we get around 10 leaflets a week for takeaway places, cleaning firms and other things.

getting fed up of the paper mountain.

Alambil Fri 18-Jul-08 13:44:17

My neighbour has one - a metal one on her letterbox, works wonders!

FluffyMummy123 Fri 18-Jul-08 13:44:51

Message withdrawn

beansprout Fri 18-Jul-08 13:44:56

Do you really think this is an unreasonable thing to do?!

brimfull Fri 18-Jul-08 13:46:50

my fil has one that says no free papers or junk mail.

I like my free papers..hate the junk though so yanbu.

Don't think it'll stop the postman's junk.

crokky Fri 18-Jul-08 13:47:32

I think say "no leaflets thanks" rather than calling it junk mail. I have a piece of paper on my door saying "no free newspapers thanks" as otherwise get 4 a week with loads and loads of leaflets. I'm glad I put it htere.

artichokes Fri 18-Jul-08 13:47:41

Not unreasonable at all. We have one and so does everyone on our street. They are only 80% effective though, some just ignore them.

misdee Fri 18-Jul-08 15:02:19

cod, its just waste paper. i just pick it up and put it straight in the recycling box.

and yes i live in an warden assisted bungalow, so am almost an old man grin

ilovemydog Fri 18-Jul-08 15:09:17

Agree with artichokes - works for 80% of junk mail. Had to call up the local throw away paper, doesn't work if junk mail comes with post.

But I'm turning into one of those scary crazy ladies that chases junk mail people down the street... smile

branflake81 Fri 18-Jul-08 15:12:18

I sometimes get home from work adn can't open the front door because there are so may take away menus shoved through the letter box. that's how bad it is chez moi. YANBU.

Ledodgy Fri 18-Jul-08 15:12:45

We get about 4 clothing collection leaflets a week. Not the charity ones with the bags just ones claiming to be charities who are no doubt going to sell them on ebay or something. In our house like yours they come straight off the hall floor into the recycle bins.

FabioUnblogged Fri 18-Jul-08 15:18:07

Put a sign on the door saying 'free newspapers and leaflets in here please' with an arrow pointing to a recycling bin.

You will find, to your amusement, that people put stuff in there instead of your letterbox.

Everybody wins.
Apart from the trees, man.

SaintGeorge Fri 18-Jul-08 15:45:30

Royal Mail opt-out stops the 'to the occupier' type junk mail that the postie delivers.

bonnibaby Fri 18-Jul-08 15:49:31

YANBU we have one and it says no sales calls too.
We were getting around 4 takeaway menus PER DAY!
We put the sign up a couple of weeks ago and have only had two put through since-the second time i went out after the guy and gave him it back and pointed out the sign grin

wannaBe Fri 18-Jul-08 16:00:02

we get so many takeaway menues through the door I am amazed all these takeaways can possibly keep going.

The free newspaper is handy as I use it to line the rabbit hutch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now