Talk

Advanced search

Someone come and tell me I'm being crazy please......

(15 Posts)
mum2oandh Fri 18-Jul-08 13:08:04

Not really aibu, just couldn't think where on earth to post this.
I have pnd and alot of anxiety at the moment.
I have ordered and received a brand new group 3 car seat from e-bay (from a shop not a private seller)at a really good price as it is 2006 colours.
I am now really paraniod that the seat is some kind of fake and my ds is going to be injured, and it will all be my fault for trying to save money.
Am I being stupid? (or unreasonable?)
(The seat is in a proper manufacturers box with instructions btw)
I would really appreciate replies, I am in quite a state.
Thanks in advance.

cupsoftea Fri 18-Jul-08 13:08:57

If you feel like this send it back

charliecat Fri 18-Jul-08 13:10:57

Dont worry.
It will be a bargain price, because its 2006 colours, as you have said.
You know that really you are just having a wibble

youngbutnotdumb Fri 18-Jul-08 13:11:55

I bought an M&P Teko car seat as it looked well padded etc and at £90 seemed a good deal... then I watched the WHICH? REVIEWS and threw it out. If you don't like the thought I'd send it back. YANBU it's your decision at the end of the day if you think it looks safe etc then go for it.

mum2oandh Fri 18-Jul-08 13:16:33

Thanks charliecat, ybnd, i'ts a really good seat according to which, and it's the one I wanted anyway, I just hadn't planned to get it off ebay, and now it just seems really cheap.

charliecat Fri 18-Jul-08 13:20:34

I sell on ebay, its the sort of thing I would see if halfords on offer at half price, buy 5 of them, wait till the offers finished then list them to sell....NOTHING wrong with the product AT ALL.
In fact I have done exactly that with bart simpson booster seats once. Dont stress.
If the safety reports are good your onto a winner Its just because some people couldnt possibly not have this years colourshmm

lizandlulu Fri 18-Jul-08 13:22:17

check out the sellers feedback, see if other buyers are happy with it.

mum2oandh Fri 18-Jul-08 13:27:07

Thanks again charliecat, that's just the kind of thing I wanted to hear, I've only just started buying on ebay, and like I said getting very anxious about everything at the moment.
lizandlulu the seller has really good feedback. So I'll try and calm down, bloody pnd, I was like this after my ds was born too (for a whole year) sad

charliecat Fri 18-Jul-08 13:28:13

are you on any meds?
Nice cuppa coffee and a read of the instruction manual and you will be finegrin

kerryk Fri 18-Jul-08 13:29:31

if you were only after a cheap option you would have bought a second hand one, you have done the sensible thing and bought a brand new safe chair at a better price than in the shops, nothing wrong with that.

ClareVoiant Fri 18-Jul-08 13:33:37

what seat did you buy and how much did you pay? i doubt it would be a fake, and you are probably, as you say, being paranoid as you got a good price.

for example, i just bought a graco 2/3 seat for holidays from kiddicare for £30 (in the sale), and recently the britax 2/3 evolver was in costco for £25 (wish i'd bought that one, but hey ho).

poppy34 Fri 18-Jul-08 13:35:25

Can see why you're being ultra cautious but sounds like you've got yourself a bargain as you arent so soft as to think it matters what colour a car seat is - agree with checking feedback but if thats ok adn if in box with instructions then I would stop worrying.

and I don't think its paranoid at all to worry about something important like this smile

mum2oandh Fri 18-Jul-08 13:49:46

Thanks again everyone.
Clarevoinat- its a bebe confort hipsos, and I paid £49.99 +pp, they are normally about £90.
charliecat, no I'm trying not to go down the drugs route this time, I've had reaaly bad side effects/withdrawral symptons in the past.
I'm trying to just stick to mumsnet to chher myself up grin it does really help when you feel there id always someone to talk to.

charliecat Fri 18-Jul-08 14:07:40

I think so too, theres always a MN window open on the PC

ClareVoiant Fri 18-Jul-08 14:52:05

looks like you got yourself a good deal smile and it looks like a very safe and comfy seat. I dont think you should worry at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now