Talk

Advanced search

ok this should be in sn but aibu in spending £120 on software for dd

(7 Posts)
2shoes Thu 17-Jul-08 21:40:45

this is what I am planning to buy
dd uses it in her communication book. we have just brought clicker 5 and it will be brilliant with this. she will not out grow it and it will be a brilliant learning tool for home
so aibu

cornsilk Thu 17-Jul-08 21:42:06

No you are being sensible.

dilemma456 Fri 18-Jul-08 10:28:11

Message withdrawn

serenity Fri 18-Jul-08 10:34:06

YANBU

(although it would be nice if you didn't have to buy it, it was provided for you or if companies made things like this as shareware but things don't work like that I suppose)

noonki Fri 18-Jul-08 10:35:22

I can't think of many better things to spend money on once basics (food, rent etc have been covered)

wannaBe Fri 18-Jul-08 10:37:33

yanbu.

Make sure that you find out from the company whether you are vat exempt because dd is disabled. They will send you an exemption form which you have to sign and return and they will then knock off the VAT.

I know that's how it works with anything access-wise I buy so worth double-checking for your dd.

apologies if I am preaching to the converted here smile

cory Fri 18-Jul-08 10:39:43

What could be more important than communication? Of course, you ought to have it provided, but if your dd needs it now, then you buying it has got to better than noone buying it.

We are saving up for a laptop with a voice recognition programme for our dd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now