Talk

Advanced search

to be a bit peeved that my oldest friend and dd's godmother forgot to send a card for her birthday when I always remember her childrens birthdays???

(5 Posts)
herbgarden Wed 16-Jul-08 20:21:55

She is one of my oldest friends and god mother to my daughter. I am godmother to all her children. I've always made sure I got a card at least there for her dc's birthdays (she has three kids) even if a little gift followed...(and even when she's not lived in this country) and she even asked me recently to remind her of the date. I remember so well when her dd was young that she used to get upset that her daughters godfather failed to send her dd a card/gift and completely forgot the day.....

My mum said to ask her if it got lost in the post (I don't want to stoop that low) but I think I just have to slowly realise that maybe this is the way she's going to be and get over it - the promise of a christening present never materialised either.....

YANBU, but it isn't, surely, a big deal. The fact that she made a fuss over her daughter's godfather forgetting does suggest she cares about these things though, so I'd say she's just genunely forgotten. A shame, but not a crime.

missblythe Wed 16-Jul-08 20:29:57

Some people are just rubbish about things like this-it's not because they don't care, just that they are disorganised. I'm sure she'll be mortified when she realises.

I doubt it was for her card-writing skills that you asked her to be Godmother. Or was it?! smile

herbgarden Wed 16-Jul-08 20:30:08

No you're absolutely right I suppose I just feel disappointed in her that it's something which, if the boot were on the other foot, she would feel mildly upset about......I wouldn't mention it as life is too short but it has niggled me !

herbgarden Wed 16-Jul-08 20:33:18

No,it wasn't missblythe -it's because she's been a really good friend to me over the many years (and hopefully me to her) I've known her but I have noticed as time has gone on, things about her that I hadn't noticed before but I put that down to 3 kids and a busy life - it's not easy is it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now