Talk

Advanced search

To be irritated with my mother putting her dog before DD.

(20 Posts)
lucyellensmum Wed 16-Jul-08 12:09:13

evrytime i ring her to invite her out with me and DD, i get "oooh, i'm not ready" in sulky voice and so i will say "that doesn't matter, ive got to get DD ready anyway" so she perks up and i think great, job done (i feel that i have to involve my mum else she will be lonely etc and DD loves her) so then i get "oh of course ive just got to nip the dog to the alley" by this she means 3 mile walk (i kid you not!!).

Why do i bother - now DD is mitering me to go out but i have to wait for my mother angry. Its not like i want to go out for the day, just to the local tea gardens to get a sandwich for DD so she can have a bit of a play out!! Can't the bloody dog wait

HumphreyCushioni Wed 16-Jul-08 12:11:21

Can you arrange a time to meet up by phoning your mother the evening before?

bethoo Wed 16-Jul-08 12:11:31

maybe your mum has a routine which invlves a dog walk at a specific time. very responsible.

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 16-Jul-08 12:11:33

YABU.

The world doesnt revolve around you or your DD. As much as I am sure the world loves you both very much.

I'd imagine your mum doesnt want the dog pissing on her carpet, which is fair enough.

RubySlippers Wed 16-Jul-08 12:12:56

don't dogs need walking?

why don't you meet your mum at the garden centre?

May2December Wed 16-Jul-08 12:13:49

Why can't you go somewhere where the dog can go as well? My mum has a dog and we regularly all go to the park with a ball, or sit outside a pub or open air cafe. We sometimes go for a walk first then leave the dog in the car (as long as not too hot) and go for something to eat.

2point4kids Wed 16-Jul-08 12:13:55

Why dont you go on your own this time and give her more notice next time?
Just say I'm off to the tea shop at lunch time Mum, see you there in a couple of hours?

lucyellensmum Wed 16-Jul-08 12:15:29

shock VVVQ what do you MEAN the world doesnt revolve around me and DD?? grin.

Actually, i was only bloody asking her to come because i felt that i should - yes, the dog needs to go out, but if you knew my mother you sould know what i mean - because if she wants to do something, it is like NOW!!! So, i can't imagine where i get my attitude from!

HonoriaGlossop Wed 16-Jul-08 12:15:44

Make plans the night before and arrange to meet at a specific time?

yorkshirepudding Wed 16-Jul-08 12:15:49

Message withdrawn

lucyellensmum Wed 16-Jul-08 12:19:25

it was just a spur of the moment thing really - and i have been ringing her all morning, so assumed she was out with the dog then. So really im just kicing myself i hsould have left it at that and took DD to tea gardens on my own. because now im having to wait and i don't do waiting on account of the world revolving around me 99% of the time grin

combustiblelemon Wed 16-Jul-08 12:21:38

It's not really about the dog though is it? My father always needs a good 10-15 minutes of faffing time even when he's has hours warning of the time he has to leave. Have you tried taking an hour off the time you need her ready for i.e. saying I'll see you at 10am when you really mean 11am?

Timefortea2 Wed 16-Jul-08 12:23:43

YABU. Why should the dog have to wait for it's walk just so your mother can fulfill your spur of the moment requests?

lucyellensmum Wed 16-Jul-08 12:23:47

bloody suns gone in now angry. I think the dog could have waited personally, seeing as she leaves the sodding creature for ages when its convenient for her.

OrmIrian Wed 16-Jul-08 12:24:07

Gawd lem! I wish my parents were like this. They always arrive early for anything. Either they turn up here while I'm still faffing about getting the DCs ready or even getting dressed myself blush or we turn up somewhere 5 mins later to discover that they got there half an hour early and steam is starting to come out of dad's ears.

lucyellensmum Wed 16-Jul-08 12:25:45

i dont mind her doing what she says she is going to to - take the dog for a quick piddle and shit, should take no more than 20 minutes. But no, she has to walk its fecking legs off, despite being told on more than one occasion by her vet that the dog is actually too big for long walks hmm

lucyellensmum Wed 16-Jul-08 12:34:54

getting pissed off now, might go without her

HumphreyCushioni Wed 16-Jul-08 12:36:37

I've just read the thread title again.
Your mother isn't putting her dog before DD.
Methinks you do not love your mothers' doggy. grin

HonoriaGlossop Wed 16-Jul-08 12:42:22

Don't do things on the spur of the moment then! You KNOW what she's like, clearly!

I mean you have a PHD don't you? How can this be hard for you to think round??? wink

lucyellensmum Wed 16-Jul-08 14:48:36

HG i always bloody regret it Yeah, my mums dog is lovely, but honeslty, she would go without food before he did. Absolutely no bloody manners, hairy great lump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now