Talk

Advanced search

That children should not be allowed in the garden screaming at the top of their voice past 8pm on a school night

(19 Posts)
LoveMyGirls Tue 15-Jul-08 20:37:44

I probably am but I've got PMT and I just want a bit of peace, I'm normally very easy going but today I just want peace and i've already had chocolate and I'm supposed to be dieting so shouldn't have any more! Not even going to bed will help because my room is at the back of the house so i'll still hear them.

Going to make a cuppa and hope they are quiet soon............

It's a constant scream why are they being allowed to carry on?

If it was your child out there screaming and you knew your neighbours had small kids you would ask them to keep the noise down surely?

WorzselMummage Tue 15-Jul-08 20:52:38

yabu because they are kids but i am sympathetic to your plight because i hate noise.

where i live no-one does anything quietly angry

MamaG Tue 15-Jul-08 20:53:30

I don't think YABU. They can play quietly surely?

Oliveoil Tue 15-Jul-08 20:54:42

well 8pm isn't late really is it, it is not even dark yet

my neighbours are v noisy

result is, my two will sleep though anything

YABU

megandtyler Tue 15-Jul-08 20:55:08

yabu
have a biscuit with your tea sod the diet if you have pmt you need sweet
put your feet up put some earplugs in
chillax

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Tue 15-Jul-08 20:56:24

maybe they are off tomorrow due to strike and school closure so they are allowed out late....

LoveMyGirls Tue 15-Jul-08 20:57:59

Peace at last........smile the last I heard the youngest was crying so think she's got them in because he's tired (he's only about 2) either that or she read this and thought I deserved a break grin.

megandtyler Tue 15-Jul-08 21:01:27

still have the biscuit mind!

tigermoth Tue 15-Jul-08 21:01:40

YABU if this screaming kids in garden at 8.00 pm is an occasional thing

YANBU if this happens every evening IMO

I assume they are out making a noise as it's such a lovely summer evening - so rare this year!

And also the strike may have something to do with it as someone else said.

Sorry you have PMT and you are trying to get your own children to bed. Sorry it's come at a bad time for you.

LoveMyGirls Tue 15-Jul-08 21:04:05

It happens a fair bit but not every night and usually I don't mind as much.

Mine are in bed asleep and have been for about an hour so I just wanted some peace, I've got it now though smile

I've had 2 biscuits and some choc, no more now!

Kimi Tue 15-Jul-08 21:18:54

YABVU some schools have broken up already.
My childrens bed time is 8.30 and last night they were enjoying the evening sunshine at 8.00 although they were not screaming

LoveMyGirls Tue 15-Jul-08 21:27:12

Its the screaming at the top of their voices I was objecting to, don't mind kids having fun grin

Kimi Tue 15-Jul-08 21:31:10

I find duct tape works well grin

islandofsodor Tue 15-Jul-08 21:34:01

My dd has broken up from school and dneice is off for the strike tomorrow and Thursday.

It's summer, let children play!!!!!!

abouteve Tue 15-Jul-08 21:34:53

You could always move to a remote farmhouse grin Cockerels at 4 am may be annoying though.

PrettyCandles Tue 15-Jul-08 21:42:14

Sorry,, sympathies re the PMT, but YABU.

IMO, in the summer, 8pm is still a reasonable time for children to be running about in the garden adn making noise. 9pm is pushing it, 10pm is too late.

Our back garden shares a fence with a park, we accept that teenagers hang out on summer evenings, and, yes, make noise.

Anyway LOs learn to sleep through anything - better, in fact, that they sleep with noises around them, then they won't be easily disturbed. But it's not your LOs who are being disturbed, is it - it's you. Much harder to change the habits of a lifetime. Earplugs?

Dumbass Tue 15-Jul-08 21:56:12

Oops. Mine were outside screaming at gone 8pm tonight... I'm trying to figure out if I know you!

caranlaz Tue 15-Jul-08 22:12:25

Next doors 11 & 12yr old get to stay up till about midnight most weekends at the mo shock not looking forward to the hols! Last time I got involved with those two I was asked "what the fuck was I gonna do bout it" by the then 11yr old!

I refrained from offering to knock him the fuck out!!

But I did speak to family very diplomaticly and although they still up late they are much nicer and quieter!

Good result in my book!

Good luck in your peace quest!

bozza Tue 15-Jul-08 22:17:19

My problem is explaining to mine that they have to go to bed when they can hear children the same age or younger playing out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now