Talk

Advanced search

to be fucked off that DD (and everyone else in her class) came home from a school trip knee deep in cowshit?

(53 Posts)
MamaG Tue 15-Jul-08 17:38:13

all except fucking princessy-my-mum-helps-on-every-school-trip-girl who wore her wellies hmm

They were told to wear comfortable shoes so DD wore her trainers.

It was so boggy that they BOTH came off at one point and somebody had to fish them out FFS

DD was bloody miserable when I picked her up, as were most of hte class! Now have trainers and shitty trousers in the washer! Her ankles are red raw after walking around in wet shoes & socks too

Fucking knobheads

lou031205 Tue 15-Jul-08 17:39:45

Not unreasonable, but it won't do any harm. I hope her ankles recover quickly smile

nkf Tue 15-Jul-08 17:40:36

No real harm done though eh.

KatieScarlett2833 Tue 15-Jul-08 17:41:20

You should have seen the state of DS after 4 days at PGL residential trip with school. All clothes, straight in the bin, immediately on return. The kids had a ball, though.

HumphreyCushioni Tue 15-Jul-08 17:41:42

She'll probably grow four inches taller overnight after standing in manure all day! grin

Bad planning by the school re the advice on footwear.

seeker Tue 15-Jul-08 17:41:51

Not sure I see the problem - unless the school is expected to predict the weather.....!

MamaG Tue 15-Jul-08 17:42:15

I'm not going to complain but I am pissed off!

MamaG Tue 15-Jul-08 17:42:49

Ah ok I'm being a cock grin

apparently area is known for being boggy, I'd have sent her in her wellies had I known!

FourArms Tue 15-Jul-08 17:43:16

No offence, but why is it the little girls fault that her mum helps on trips? Surely this sort of help enables the school to run them?

belgo Tue 15-Jul-08 17:44:16

I'm sure her immune system is all the stronger for it. The school should have told them to wear their wellies though.

charliecat Tue 15-Jul-08 17:44:40

did they not mnetion wellys on the form?

SqueakyPop Tue 15-Jul-08 17:44:55

Sounds like the school didn't do an adequate risk assessment. However, it is not rocket science to know that wellies are handy when there has been a lot of rain.

nkf Tue 15-Jul-08 17:46:22

They probably sent the form out when it was warm and it's rained since.

MaureenMLove Tue 15-Jul-08 17:46:33

It might have helped to have the words 'wellies advisable' on the consent letter. I'd have been pissed off too.

mrsruffallo Tue 15-Jul-08 17:46:38

YABU- Surely you put them in wellies for a farm trip?
If not, it's actually good for kids to get dirty so I wouldn't worry too much

Blandmum Tue 15-Jul-08 17:46:40

If your weather has been like ours its been pissing down for about 2 weeks. They might not have realised just how boggy the place was after the bad weather.

I'm sure it has already been factored into next years plan.

And next year someone will post on MN saying 'For fecks sake they are asking for the kids to wear wellies and we are in a drought, I haven't got time to get wellies for my dd.....' etc etc smile

Idobelieveinfairies Tue 15-Jul-08 17:46:56

did the helper mum have inside info about the cow shit?.....sounds like someone new about it...lol

i would be p'veed too.

Desiderata Tue 15-Jul-08 17:47:08

When it was warm???

That would have been a five minute window, then grin

Desiderata Tue 15-Jul-08 17:47:52

We used to go cow-pat jumping when we were kids. Oh, the endless fun ... the smell

mrsruffallo Tue 15-Jul-08 17:47:58

Would you really be annoyed?
I can't see the problem here

MamaG Tue 15-Jul-08 17:52:47

IT wasn't a farm trip! It was an "educational walk"

Iwas kidding about the princessy helper DD wink just to see who'd bite me

I'm in a baaad mood (you may have noticed)

cory Tue 15-Jul-08 17:53:42

Afraid I'm another one who doesn't quite see the problem. I thought kids were meant to get dirty...

Idobelieveinfairies Tue 15-Jul-08 17:56:01

oh...so there were no children with wellies then?

<<confused>>>>

PInkyminkyohnooo Tue 15-Jul-08 17:59:58

when I was a kid we used to play at running under the cow bridge and see who still had their wellies on when we got to the other side. We also used to play cow pat frisbee.

lol at 'risk assessment' for a bit of cow dung!

they should prolly have said wellies but walking anywhere off the pavement after the amount of rain we've had would suggest wellies or boots to me, TBH.

It will wash off.smile

AbbeyA Tue 15-Jul-08 19:12:21

I think children should get dirty-much better to have the experience than worry about the dirt. It would have been a good idea to have suggested wellies but everyone makes mistakes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now