Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to leave my son in his cot with some toys and have a kip on the sofa?

(14 Posts)
copingvquietly Tue 15-Jul-08 15:38:15

i bought some earplugs from the chemistblush

cocolepew Tue 15-Jul-08 15:39:48

No, but I wouldn't put in the ear plugs.

Pruners Tue 15-Jul-08 15:40:42

Message withdrawn

LilRedWhiskGers Tue 15-Jul-08 15:41:00

I don't know if I'd use the earplugs, but it'd be fine to put him in a cot/playpen and have a nap. I'd do it.

copingvquietly Tue 15-Jul-08 15:42:27

oh i got them so i couldnt hear him crying when i need to restblush
not a good idea then.

OverMyDeadBody Tue 15-Jul-08 15:42:30

Nothing wrong with putting him in his cot and having a kip. I wouldn't use the earplugs, althoug I suspect if a baby was properly crying and screaming you'd hear them through the earplugs!

have a good sleep! Rest is important.

SummatAnNowt Tue 15-Jul-08 15:50:09

Do it! It's Normal!

I would probably do it without the earplugs though, but I am paranoid!

Flibbertyjibbet Tue 15-Jul-08 15:57:32

I used to do this when pg with ds2, there is only a short age gap so ds1 was still having an afternoon nap.
I would put him in cot when he looked tired,with some toys, he'd play for a bit then crash out, and I'd be dozing on the settee. Even just dozing is resting, you don't need a full snoring deep sleep session.
I wouldn't use the earplugs for a nap, but I do use earplugs at night cos dp snuffles and grinds his teeth. Trust me you can still hear a baby crying through them though smile

copingvquietly Tue 15-Jul-08 17:50:42

shit.i just woke up and js asleep aswellshockthats bedtime well and truly cocked up thenhmm
rrrrraahhhhhhhhhhgrin

rosmerta Tue 15-Jul-08 18:29:56

glad you got your nap anyway!

I do this quite a bit atm and always fall into a deep sleep, I found setting the alarm on my phone helped!

btl Tue 15-Jul-08 18:31:47

ha!
i once put him in his cot, locked the door, then went downstairs to the living room and watchd telly for an hour,
he was fast asleep when i came back, and i was calmer.
i actually did this onmy hv reccomendations. she said i should put hm in a safe place such as his cot, and then go away and calm myself down

scottishmum007 Tue 15-Jul-08 18:49:08

we've all been there. i certainly have in the early days mainly. not so bad now. i used to just lay him down in his cot, him screaming, and just go downstairs to have 10 mins with a cup of tea to just unwind so i was recharged to go back up and start again.
i think that's healthy, better to have time out yourself than to get all worked up and do something stupid to your DC.
we all need a break. kids are such hard work!

DutchOma Tue 15-Jul-08 18:56:55

Your bedtime may not be cocked up. He has a lot of sleep to catch up on. Try putting him down at a slightly later time than you would normally, but do the same routine. He may grizzle a bit, but he might also go straight to sleep and wake up at ten or eleven as usual. You both needed that sleep.

juneybean Wed 16-Jul-08 00:17:46

Yep my niece had an accidental nap at 5pm once and I couldn't get her to sleep til 11pm/12am but she slept right through til 10am :D

Hope you enjoyed your nap, I love naps personally ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now