Talk

Advanced search

To want to push this cyclist off her bike

(13 Posts)
ChopsTheDuck Mon 14-Jul-08 10:16:39

Third morning now I've seen her come hurtling towards me on her bike, on the path. I've got a double pushchair with dt2 in it, and three kids walking and she doesn't even slow down. angry

Especially considering the news about the girl killed by a cyclist on the path I'm jsut itching to give her a good shove off her bike.

OurHamsterisevil Mon 14-Jul-08 10:18:17

YANBU. She should not be on the path, and to not slow down when she sees you with all the children around you, ti is very unthoughful of her.

nametaken Mon 14-Jul-08 10:21:03

If she's always in the same place at the same time can you not tell a local PCSO or traffic warden about it. I think they can give out fines for doing this.

Gizmo Mon 14-Jul-08 10:21:52

I'm assuming this is a pavement next to the road?

Sim43 Mon 14-Jul-08 10:22:02

Isn't it against the law to ride a bike on the path? Having said that when I go out with my DS for a bike ride, I make him ride on the path, but I have taught him to stop and move to the side if someone is walking, cause I consider the path for pedestrians not cyclists, but I always assume that people will understand why my DS is on path.

ChopsTheDuck Mon 14-Jul-08 10:22:50

yes, next to a road. I was wondering if I could report her, but doubt they would do anything. It's the same time, as I'm doing the morning school run.

Gizmo Mon 14-Jul-08 10:23:03

Sim, I believe it is legal for those under 12 to ride a bike on the footpath, but after that, it's out into the road for everyone.

HonoriaGlossop Mon 14-Jul-08 10:24:32

just loudly and assertively call out SLOW DOWN PLEASE as soon as you see her.

Purplepillow Mon 14-Jul-08 10:25:34

I would report her especially after recent news. Or you could just tell her to get off the pavement or you will report her.

ChopsTheDuck Mon 14-Jul-08 10:31:48

Reading up now, apparently it is illegal, but children cannot be prosecuted under the age of criminal responsibility, so though not technically exempt they can ride. I don't mind small children on the path, I'm sure most people don't. They aren't going to seriously injure anybody and are at too much risk on the road.

I might asking her to slow down next time after I push her off. Also tempted to have a word witht he police community workers next time they are up the school for traffic monitoring.

Sim43 Mon 14-Jul-08 10:35:56

Yeh I don't agree with adults cyclists being on the path, there is no reason for them to be there, as I mentioned previously I think as long as you teach your children to stop when approached by a pedestrian, it is perfectly acceptable for them to be on the path. I would accidentally run the pushchair into her next time!

SSSandy2 Mon 14-Jul-08 10:44:54

Well I think sometimes adults don't feel all that safe on the road. I don't in principle mind them using pedestrian paths but I think she could get off and push past you and the dc or at least slow down.

I suppose you could scream "aargghh look out!" at the top of your voice every time she approaches and all flatten yourselves against the wall which might get the message across?

Sim43 Mon 14-Jul-08 10:59:24

Just shout selfish bitch in her face that should let her know grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now