Talk

Advanced search

to think, that just because my family think I am a 'no-body', I am still entitled to know if my uncle has had a heart attack.......

(10 Posts)
Psychomum5 Mon 14-Jul-08 09:36:46

......I am so angry!!!

today, my cousin approaches me at the school gates. now, her DD and my DS2 are in the same school, but there is a lot of building work going on at the moment and so we never actually see each other as we are at opposite sides of the school now.

she tells me that her dad is on the mend, finally, altho getting very very frustrated at the bed rest he is currently on.

now, my face clearly looked blank and confused (as I was), and she asked me if I had heard about her dad...........

No, I say.

she is quite upset (not with me), as she had rung my part of the family and told them and asked them to ring round for her (the family is fractured anyway, she and I should not be surprised by all this really), and I was not rung.

I have been 'disowned', I understand that, but my aunt still keeps in touch (the uncle who has had a heart attack is one of five brothers), mainly so she can ring and moan at me about my mother (whole other story, not for now). WHY could she not have told me on the last three phone calls (she rings weekly, uncle had heart attack first week in june!!)......she knows I do see this one cousin, she knows that my cousin would have expected me to seek her out (which I would have done).......so is this just another way of ensuring that I still know I am disowned>??????

argh.

on a happier note, he is going to be ok, and my cousin is not angry with me, she understands........she figured it may have happened. and she and I are going to have coffee soon as she feels as tho we both could do with mutual support against our family (she has upset the other side as she apparently phone them in the wrong order).......one of the other aunts was the 3rd one rung....she is now 'disowning' all the family as she clearly was not important enough for the first call.....I mean WTF.....dad has heart attack, surely one call and then a ring-round should be suffice???

Sim43 Mon 14-Jul-08 11:17:35

I would disown the lot of them if I were you.

Psychomum5 Mon 14-Jul-08 11:18:47

flame sat here reading it and says I have confused her......

is that why no-one cares????

blush

hmm

Psychomum5 Mon 14-Jul-08 11:19:39

someone does care

yep, am thinking that way (altho wondering how to disown those who have disowned mehmm)

snorris Mon 14-Jul-08 11:21:46

I think I understand . Sounds like the lot of them need their heads banging together hmm. Thank goodness you and your cousin have the sense to work it out.

Psychomum5 Mon 14-Jul-08 11:23:19

is that because you are used to garbled sentences thro having many kiddies tho snorriswink??

snorris Mon 14-Jul-08 11:24:44

Damn,you've got me sussed grin

SoupKitchen Mon 14-Jul-08 11:24:46

imo families are crap. I am always ignored as My mother is no longer around, so only get told of family events when my help is neede iyswim.

I Would be pissed off too. IME the only way to get the info is to specifically ask after all family members during rare phonecalls. This is how I found out about family PG( 7 months gone when I found out) Cancer, and divorces>>>

sad but some families are just like that.

Squirdle Mon 14-Jul-08 11:43:18

Oh blimey! Again, something waaaay too similar to my family (have we been cloned?) When my dad had a heart attack last year there were waaay too many family issues going on about it...drove me insane as I was the one who had to deal with it all. In the end I said that instead of X ringing Y and Y ringing Z etc etc, I would text everyone in the mornings to update them.

Unfortunately people like your aunt like to make other peoples problems 'all about them' iyswim. My mother was and still is the same. No-one apart from them is important as far as they are concerned.

Bloody families!

Psychomum5 Mon 14-Jul-08 12:08:50

yup....bloody families and they are all crap (in my world at least!).

squirdle, me thinks there has been some cloning going on somewhere....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now