Talk

Advanced search

resenting these parents for sending dd1's "boyfriend"; to another school?

(12 Posts)
emkana Sun 13-Jul-08 00:15:30

There is a boy in dd1's class whom she has been very close to since the beginning of Year 1 - they are now going into Year 3 and therefore the Juniors, and because the boy's parents don't rate the Junior school very highly they are sending him from September to a different school. I know I am being unreasonable really, but I'm still kind of angry and mainly sad about it, because poor dd1 is heartbroken and so is this boy. I know they can still be friends etc, but it just won't be the same... sad

gigglewitch Sun 13-Jul-08 00:26:24

awww. it is a shame when little friends move on.
However... on the bright side, boys and girls do tend to play in separate groups in juniors, and it might actually be easier for them to maintain their friendship if they get to meet up outside school smile

unknownrebelbang Sun 13-Jul-08 07:55:23

Nothing to do with "boyfriends", but DS3 had two friends leave the school within about six months of each other and he was very upset.

So, yes YABU, but I understand why you're cross.

She will adjust, and she can maintain the friendship outside school.

jalopy Sun 13-Jul-08 09:06:30

It's all part of life.....

onelittlelion Sun 13-Jul-08 09:23:42

You can resent them a bit but not blame them really as they're only trying to do best for their son. I'd be sad too. Your dd and the boy will hopefully remain friends tho and she'll prob make lots of new ones too.

FranSanDisco Sun 13-Jul-08 09:26:57

DD's (7 yo) best friend since pre-school is moving during the summer hols. She has cried and so have I (for her) sad but she is a sociable child who will make another best friend. It's part of life though a sad one I suppose.

onelittlelion Sun 13-Jul-08 09:31:31

You can resent them a bit but not blame them really as they're only trying to do best for their son. I'd be sad too. Your dd and the boy will hopefully remain friends tho and she'll prob make lots of new ones too.

Hecate Sun 13-Jul-08 09:42:07

You know it's unreasonable grin You can't expect someone to send their child to a school they don't think is good, so that he can be with a friend. That is failing him.

Having said that, the person you care about is your daughter, and she's upset, so of course it's understandable that you feel bad. It's just unreasonable to expect his parents to make any other choice than the one they've made, or to be cross with them for making what they feel is the best choice for their child.

What do you think of the 2 schools? If it matters a lot, why not send your daughter to his school?

Limara Sun 13-Jul-08 09:51:18

Bless, meet up outside school that's what we did. I took ds out of his school and his mates were upset.

DD's best friend left last term and she was a little sad but has moved on.

There is a bright side so don't stress.smile

2shoes Sun 13-Jul-08 10:30:02

I felt like this when dd's bf moved sn schools. dd was fine.

weblette Sun 13-Jul-08 10:37:18

What's to say their friendship wouldn't have changed anyway in the next school year? Girls and boys do seem to diverge a lot in Yr3, even if they are best chums now.

Dd has seen several friends move on in this way and now has a far better friendship with them away from school than she probably would have had otherwise.

emkana Sun 13-Jul-08 20:11:17

I know you are all right, but it's still terrible to see your childrne hurt isn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now