Talk

Advanced search

to try and change dd's allocated school class in secondary?

(13 Posts)
TheRealPhartiphukborlz Fri 11-Jul-08 22:31:14

she has a "friend" i use the word loosely, who has been unkind and bullying to her, including internet bullying. she wouldnt let me involve school, though i did tell girl's parents.
all the time she is saying once she goes to secondary school she wont have to see her, can make new friends etc.,
imagine how perturbed i am out of all the people she coudl have been put in a form with, it is this girl.

she is worried if i fuss and move her this girl, and others, will know.

for example just todya the friend "asked a boy out" on behalf of my daughter...
all a good tease, done in the name of "friendship"

reethi96 Fri 11-Jul-08 22:33:36

She sounds like my old "friend". Try and change the form if you can. I was so relieved when I joined senior school and found out I wouldn't have to put up with her friendship bullying any more.

Freckle Fri 11-Jul-08 22:37:29

I had this with DS2. I immediately contacted the school who moved him to another class and it has never been mentioned by any of his classmates, nor the boy we wanted him moved away from.

TheRealPhartiphukborlz Fri 11-Jul-08 22:39:19

that's two positives smile - looking good

OurHamsterisevil Fri 11-Jul-08 22:55:23

I would speak to the school, I'm sure they will sort it out, and I don't see any reason why anyone would think anything of it. You could come up with an excuse that the school needed to change because the class numbers weren't adding up

TheRealPhartiphukborlz Fri 11-Jul-08 23:00:48

good idea.
she is her friend but not a nice friend and we were both so looking forward to her starting anew with different friends.
i am sure school wouldnt bat an eyelid, about changing her class. if i mention the internet bully, - well i hope anyway.

LadyMuck Fri 11-Jul-08 23:01:58

I would also check how much time she spends in her form. If subjects are streamed then wouldn't that be more of an issue?

Blandmum Fri 11-Jul-08 23:02:11

Talk to the school. It is quite common to get this sort of request, and if it is possible to do it, most schools will do so.

TheRealPhartiphukborlz Fri 11-Jul-08 23:10:55

thanks, lady muck, i think only 2 subjects are streamed, maths and science, as far as i can make out from ds.

Heated Fri 11-Jul-08 23:15:36

Yes, contact the school - presuming dd's starting in September? So much easier to sort out now. Mention the cyber-bullying as that is a hot-topic and wanting to head off any trouble.

TheRealPhartiphukborlz Fri 11-Jul-08 23:16:49

smile thanks for all the agreement.

BalloonSlayer Sat 12-Jul-08 07:51:23

Make sure you do it NOW. Whatever you do don't wait till September - schools are very reluctant to move classes once the term has started.

TheRealPhartiphukborlz Sat 12-Jul-08 15:51:46

had to do it for ds, who had no one he knew in his class, and face the wrath of head of year 7, however i think this year the head of year 7 is firstly, a different person, and secondally going off on year 8 camp on monday, so an email will do, (and easier perhaps)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now