Talk

Advanced search

To go into Halifax/Bank Of Scotland with an axe and destroy the place? Sorry it's long.

(9 Posts)
Sushipaws Fri 11-Jul-08 19:58:53

Our house has been on the market for a while so when we got an offer in we snapped it up. The only condition was the entry date had to be the 1st August. So we contacted our estate agent and lawyers and they said it was no problem and the house we wanted to buy were happy to move up the entry date.

So I went back to my bank (HBOS) and said we had sold ours, bought a new place and needed our new mortgage sorted in 4 weeks. We had bought a place based on their mortgage promise and now thought the rest was a formality.

We went into the branch to see the advisor who talked at dh, dd and me for over an hour, we got all the insurance, a new account and everything he could possibly sell us. At the end, we asked "Is that it then?" He said "Yes, I'll send all the relavent documents to your solicitors."

So we had the missives on our property completed and thankfully we were waiting on a mining report before we concluded the missives on the new place.

Yesterday the advisor called and told us there was a problem with my husbands accounts. He said he'd passed it onto the mortgage team and would call us the next day. So today my solicitor was chasing me asking to concluded the missives so I called the advisor who didn't answer my calls. I called him hourly untill 4 pm when I called the branch and asked to be put through. He said he'd got my messages and he'd not called me back because there was no more news. When I pressed him he said he would call the mortgage team. He then called me back saying he needed more information from my husbands accountant. The acountant is on holiday until the 30th July, but he said that we couldn't go any further without this info.

I said that we were going to be homeless in 3 weeks if we didn't sort this out and he said "I'll have to put my hands up, I should've gone through this when you were in the branch".

So at 4.45pm I told him that the accountants partner may be able to help, but he said he was going home in 15 minutes. I said that meant we would be hanging on for the whole weekend not knowing if we were going to be homeless in 3 weeks and he said, oh well at least you've not signed the missives.

I can't believe this, I'm in limbo, I don't know what to do, apart from have a large glass of wine and think about going into the HBOS and smashing the place up.

hannahsaunt Fri 11-Jul-08 20:16:16

For many deeply personal reasons involving HBOS and their complete non-understanding of mental health issues and lack of compassion in letting family members assist resulting in their repossessing my family (childhood) home, I have a deep and bitter loathing of HBOS. Many, many commiserations. I do hope that they sort this out and quickly.

googgly Fri 11-Jul-08 20:23:20

hannahsaunt, you should write to Lord Stevenson and tell him that. Look at this
He's about the only financial services boss who's prepared to understand mental health issues and talk about them openly.

suwoo Fri 11-Jul-08 20:29:38

Ooh yes please do. I used to work for them many years ago when they were masquerading under one of their previous names NWS. Bunch of fucking twats I say.

Sushipaws Fri 11-Jul-08 20:29:41

Hannahsaunt, I'm so sorry, this kind of pales in comparrison.

They are an institution of number crunchers and nothing more. They don't realise they are playing with peoples lives.

Notalone Fri 11-Jul-08 20:49:26

I also used to work for them as a mortgage advisor and what you say does not surprise me. They are horrible to their staff and not that much better with their customers. Sorry you are having such a horrible time with them at the moment. Have you thought about going to the FSA? They may be able to help you

hannahsaunt Fri 11-Jul-08 20:53:12

Googly - thanks for that. I will.

Sushipaws Fri 11-Jul-08 21:01:52

I will complain but going to the FSA takes ages and I'm meant to be moving in a few weeks.

Notalone, I feel sorry for you having to work for them, I'm glad your not with them anymore

Notalone Fri 11-Jul-08 21:07:35

Well if you threaten them with the FSA they may just move quicker. They detest negative publicity so you never know. Fingers crossed hey?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now