Talk

Advanced search

a few aibus rolled in to one here....

(38 Posts)
palsasnogaholic Fri 11-Jul-08 11:38:49

first time i ever met this person - have been online friends for a long time, got on very well on phone msn etc. met yesterday and went out for lunch and a few drinks -

1. aibu to think if i say i only want orange juice, then my pal shouldnt order me a double vodka and orange while im in the toilet, and only confess when the barman (who I had mentioned to earlier that I wasnt drinking anymore realised what she had done and told me) Luckily it was a very quite bar and we had been sitting at the bar chatting to him and he had morals.

2. aibu to think my pal shouldnt call me a loser and saddo for not wanting to get drunk (having already had 2 drinks and feeling tipsey on them - as am on strong painkillers and so drinking anything was silly of me)

3. aibu to think my pal shouldnt tell bar men and strangers then i am a loser and saddo for not drinking? And also not phone up her friend infront of me to say how boring I am - where as on the contrary I was having good conversation and laughs, she was the repetative drunk.

4. aibu to think that when i say i am feeling extreemly unwell and dizzy that my friend could show some concern not try and force feed me sambuka?

5. aibu to think that when i passed out from said dizzyness that she should tell paramedics a brief medical history (which she knows) rather than tell them im a drunk? (luckily they realise in about 2 mins that I was sober and able despite my wooziness to tell them a full history that fitted with my symptoms)

6. finally aibu to think that when i am lying in an ambulance hooked up to a heart monitor she should not cause such a scene trying to hit on the paramedic that she gets chucked out the ambulance? and then while outside starts snogging random men double her age. and then flinging ambulance doors open without paramedics asking her to, and trying to drag random men in to "meet me" while i am being examined.

thats a full advert for NOT meeting friends from online, even if you have spoken for years online and on phone. she thinks iabu. so over to you...

cheesesarnie Fri 11-Jul-08 11:40:59

shock omg!
are you ok?
she sounds like a total idiot!!!!
have you spoken to her since???

FabioTheTimeLordCatOfGallifrey Fri 11-Jul-08 11:41:02

Which mner was it?

FabioTheTimeLordCatOfGallifrey Fri 11-Jul-08 11:41:16

PS Hope you're feeling better now.

forevercleaning Fri 11-Jul-08 11:42:58

1. YANBU
2.YANBU
3.YANBU
4.YANBU
5.YANBU
6.YANBU

BUT yabu IN KEEPING THIS SO CALLED FRIEND AS A FRIEND!! oNLINE OR OTHERWISE!

foxinsocks Fri 11-Jul-08 11:44:29

are you a character off Eastenders?

forevercleaning Fri 11-Jul-08 11:47:08

PMSL fox!

WorzselMummage Fri 11-Jul-08 11:47:44

jeeez you are so nbu !

She sounds like someone one to be avoided at all costs.

palsasnogaholic Fri 11-Jul-08 11:48:55

no cheese i was meant to be staying at hers!!! I was MILES from home (2 1/2 hours journey away) Paramedics said I could go to hosp but they were happy to let me go on the basis that I know how to handel my condition etc and knew to call if got worse and I just needed to rest.

Paramedics gave her a good talking too, so i decided after all that had happened to trust her. We got in a taxi (after her demanding the ambulance took her home and me having to appologise for her rediculas expectations of the ambulance service) and I thought I could just go to bed, she started telling the taxi driver I was a saddo for not drinking and that I was drunk so passed out (despite being told by me and paramedics thats NOT why) Taxi driver was like this hmm and she said we would go in, she would feed me coffee and we would go to a club. We got to her house I told taxi to wait. I got my bags, said goodbye to friend and that id speak to her when she was sober and got taxo to take me to a travel inn - which was full. Taxi man was lovely, he agreed I seemed sober and that she was acting horrid to me, and he waived the fair for me bless him, and took me around B&bs till we found an empty one that would take a girl with mascara and tears down her face at 10pm!

cheesesarnie Fri 11-Jul-08 11:51:57

it does sound like eastenders!

well done you for getting taxi to wait.taxi driver sounds very kind.
have you spoken to her?was it an mner?grin(suppose not)

FabioTheTimeLordCatOfGallifrey Fri 11-Jul-08 11:52:11

What is the story leading up to this meet up?
Have you known her long on mn line? Why did you travel 2½ hours to see her?

I warn you in advance, if you met at AA online I will be unable to supress yowls of laughter.

[very bad cat]

WorzselMummage Fri 11-Jul-08 11:52:34

bloody hell.

has she appologised ?

AlistairSim Fri 11-Jul-08 11:52:50

shock

and

shock

and once more

shock

palsasnogaholic Fri 11-Jul-08 11:53:08

lol agree sounds a bit like eastenders. i just kept thinking HOW did i get myself in this situation??

I might regret this but no it wasnt a MNer....reverse those letters wink

Alambil Fri 11-Jul-08 11:53:19

pals that sounds horrific Are you ok? Glad the paramedics had they heads on straight!

cheesesarnie Fri 11-Jul-08 11:54:33

pmsl!see -wouldnt happen if it was a mner!

newforold Fri 11-Jul-08 11:55:41

shock did she turn up with her own spakly ticker as well?

See, that's what you get for frequenting other sites.

forevercleaning Fri 11-Jul-08 11:56:33

no the other Mner would have had her own seperate ambulance - bloody pisshead!

foxinsocks Fri 11-Jul-08 11:56:38

reNM? (you know, I did spend a few minutes trying to figure that out...)

you mean netmums? it's those flashy tickers. I'm telling you. A sign of alcoholics and mad peeps. Obviously.

Did she not sound slightly unhinged on the phone?

palsasnogaholic Fri 11-Jul-08 11:56:57

We got on extreemly well, chatting on phone for hours a few times a week, msn most nights, texts, cards, presents etc. Had been trying to find a good time to meet and so I went to stay at hers, she managed to get babysitters over night. Wasnt meant to be a boozy night at all - just a few drinks, cinema, chat and nice food.

We got on wonderfully before she got pissed, I mean we just clicked, had an amazing time until she got to that point where she started being a nasty drunk.

Had we gone to the cinema I think the visit would have ended very differently.

She phoned me lastnight, I didnt answer - she was so drunk was no reasoning with her. I text her to say I was safe and had found somewhere to stay and that I would speak when she was sober.

MrsJohnCusack Fri 11-Jul-08 11:56:58

um
she sounds like she has a drink problem TBH. and like a complete twat

hope you are OK now. Ditch her

palsasnogaholic Fri 11-Jul-08 11:58:36

lol at sparkly tickers...she had sparkly shoes

nope completely normal, lovely, funny, friendly on phone. had no idea at all

cheesesarnie Fri 11-Jul-08 11:58:54

stick with mn

TotalChaos Fri 11-Jul-08 11:59:01

shock. Lying to the paramedics is IMHO downright wicked.

ChickenBurger Fri 11-Jul-08 11:59:26

I have to say I think it's a bit dangerous to agree to stay over at someone's house the first time you meet them. COuld have been much, much worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now