Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to expect at least a phone call?

(4 Posts)
strawberryfields Fri 11-Jul-08 10:33:10

Woman from local childminding service was due here an hour ago to go over the things I need to do to become a registered childminder. So I got up early and got DH and DS out of the house then ran around tidyng up a bit (need to give good impression!), 9.30 came and went so I just called her, nearly an hour after she should be here she says, "oh yes, I'll leave in a minute, be with you in about 45 minutes". I did ask if I had got the time wrong, no we did agree 9.30 she says. Haarumph, if you knew you were going to be nearly 2 hours late to a meeting you would at least ring the person, wouldn't you?!

nametaken Fri 11-Jul-08 10:37:20

I'm sure they do it deliberately as a kind of "I've got all the power and control" thing.

It's pathetic, if they had to do business in the real world they wouldn't last 5 minutes.

hertsnessex Fri 11-Jul-08 10:37:56

you would. but she didnt. i had this last week with the woman coming to do our EPC for the hip pack - she was nrly 4hrs late.

pamelat Fri 11-Jul-08 13:24:33

I think that I would say that I found it rude that she didnt call, something like "am sure you had your reasons but I have waited in all morning for you, was worried about you!" - the worried about you bit softens it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now