Talk

Advanced search

to think that after 2 labours, 3 sections, a laparoscopy, a stomach like a Passchendale field and an op on the fanjo, that a teeny tiny snip wouldn't be TOO much to ask

(29 Posts)
WilfSell Thu 10-Jul-08 21:55:31

Would you?

I suspect he imagines they slice it off. I think he's heard one too many quips about how your balls swell to the size of footballs and turn black.

Well they're gonna do that anyway from the lack of bedroom action if he doesn't get it together.

<wry smile at notion of hypothetical bedroom action>

waffletrees Thu 10-Jul-08 22:01:25

You would think, wouldn't you? DH goes green at the thought of it. Why women are called the "weaker sex" is beyond me.

MmeBovary Thu 10-Jul-08 22:04:22

Men really are such babies! My DH absolutely refuses to consider this - despite being 51, having 2 grown daughters and a 4 year old and no intention of fathering more children (slightly to my regret - though I'm getting on a bit!) When I ask why on earth not, he says he needs to be fertile in order to repopulate the earth in the event of nuclear attack or some such! I think he's just a bit scared of needles wink

MmeBovary Thu 10-Jul-08 22:07:49

Personally if I was a young nubile female who found herself alone with him after the destruction of the world, I would be most pissed off! I do love him though really!

Ladytophamhatt Thu 10-Jul-08 22:08:14

mines refuses to concider it too.

shithead.

MmeBovary Thu 10-Jul-08 22:09:28

The New World would be lovely and tidy though smile!

Fizzylemonade Thu 10-Jul-08 22:13:19

Mine has done it so NO YANBU. DH is a spritely 33 and we have 2 children.

He watched both my c sections (although would faint at any fake blood on tv) so I watched his snip shock grin

Oh and yes they did turn black, and it did hurt and he did need a few days off work. Big F**king deal! I had 1 labour and 2 sections.

TheFallenMadonna Thu 10-Jul-08 22:15:42

DH is all ready to make an appointment with the GP. He has been all ready to do so since Christmas. Somehow, he just hasn't been able to find a minute hmm

PollyPentapeptide Thu 10-Jul-08 22:27:50

Ha! I remember my DH baulking at the thought of getting the snip because he heard it could involve 'complications'

I thought, hang on a fecking minute! I have had 1 section and 2 extended third degree tears, mastitus, severe pnd, post partum heamorrhage folowed by a uterine infection. haemorrhoids, stretch marks and varicous veins. I'll give you sodding complications!

I had a perfectly good vibrator in the cupboard with a years supply of batteries so it was going to be no skin of my nose 'so to speak' whether he did it or not.

Men! for christs sake!!!!!

WilfSell Thu 10-Jul-08 22:29:08

rofl at 'year's supply of batteries'

OneLieIn Thu 10-Jul-08 22:33:08

Honestly, he needs to get it done. DH was seriously stressed about getting it done, took NO painkillers afterwards and was fine.

It was easy - I just threatened him with another DC like DS, that made him run down to marie stopes cheque in hand screaming let me in, let me in!! grin

hunkermunker Thu 10-Jul-08 22:35:25

Can you tell him you've seen a video of a DIY one on YouTube and he either gets himself an appointment or sleeps with one eye open and one hand on his chesney?

WilfSell Thu 10-Jul-08 22:36:33

grin

Chesney?

hunkermunker Thu 10-Jul-08 22:37:38

Some cock or other.

WilfSell Thu 10-Jul-08 22:38:52

Got ya.

It'd be Cameron in our house then.

expatinscotland Thu 10-Jul-08 22:41:51

Dh is going for it after this one.

I'd be happy to get my tubes tied, IF and only if the Essure procedure were offered in my area.

Otherwise, sorry, but, having to have GA and your abdomen inflated with gas - it's painful! - and the possibility of ectopic pregnancy on top of that compared to local anaesthetic and in-out procedure?

Gimme a fucking break!

Thankyouandgoodnight Fri 11-Jul-08 08:41:30

Serious biz - we don't actually know for sure if it has any long term physiological effects on blokes to have their tubes snipped.....messing with hormone feedback cycles etc.....

claricebeansmum Fri 11-Jul-08 08:49:53

DH agreed to this about a year ago but somehow has managed not to be able to have it done for all sorts of reasons...really pisses me off. He is a wuss.

I am thinking of having a proper pregnancy scare to get him into action. Perhaps the next person with a positive pregnancy test could send it to me? grin

cmotdibbler Fri 11-Jul-08 08:52:31

My friend got her DP to actually go for his, by pretending that she was really broody again (4yr old toddler and 18 month old twins at that point), and maybe 4 children would be OK... He went to make the appointment the next day !

herbietea Fri 11-Jul-08 08:54:57

Message withdrawn

crochetdiva Fri 11-Jul-08 08:57:51

herbietea - my dh has said the same (I had spd and hyperemesis with both of my successful pg, and 2 mc) - and we've been to see the GP ... but she won't let us even think about it yet ... hmm

herbietea Fri 11-Jul-08 09:08:47

Message withdrawn

crochetdiva Fri 11-Jul-08 09:13:29

Apparently, if anything happened to eother of our DCs, we may want another ... hmm - at the time, I didn't have the energy to argue (was only a few weeks post-natal) - we may try again soon, and go to a different GP!

scorpio1 Fri 11-Jul-08 09:19:22

DH wants one shock

No Way. They were going to let him too - at 25!! (we do have 4 dc though)

BalloonSlayer Fri 11-Jul-08 10:40:48

My DH was more worried about getting his tackle out in front of strangers.

He said afterwards that he found it awful that they were talking about their holidays while the doctor did the business and the nurse "held his willy down."

Held it down!?! What was it doing FFS, I asked in some shock.

But apparently I got the wrong end of the stick.

FWIW DH had very little pain or bruising afterwards and, apart from a pack of frozen peas I didn't want to use again, very little pain relief.

Has also been a bit shy about doing the samples and taking them in for testing. I had to "help" him with the last one. Gawd!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now