Talk

Advanced search

To hate windows vista with a vengence of violent proportions

(12 Posts)
lucyellensmum Wed 09-Jul-08 08:59:28

Thats it really, why oh why oh why did i buy a computor with windows fecking vista. Because my other computor died and i was told that EVERYONE would be using vista. So, NONE of my software worked with it. Had to buy new office (thankfully on student certificate), haven't bothered with photoshop but i WANT it!! And as for the new word package, it is totally different, i mean TOTALLY different. THEN, i find that even downloading stuff is a problem because its not vista compatible. Its all horrible, why can't they just leave things alone.

littlelapin Wed 09-Jul-08 09:06:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Wed 09-Jul-08 09:08:43

Agree you will get used to it, we've had ours nearly 18 months and it took a while to break in, but it's alright now.

The only problem we've had is not being able to find a driver suitable for our printer/scanner, luckily we have another PC upstairs with Windows XP, so can use the printer/scanner with that.

NomDePlume Wed 09-Jul-08 09:08:45

I hate it too. Nothing is in the right place on it, it is infuriating.

lucyellensmum Wed 09-Jul-08 09:10:17

ive had it a while now lapin, and just when i think, great, i quite like this now - i want to do something that was relatively simple before, and i can't find the bloody button to click on. I do eventually, but I don't believe it is as intuitive as it was. Oh and apparently, one of the things that has caused the most problems with vista is, if you look at the windows and boxes, instead of having square edges, they are all rounded and pretty hmm, but it has caused major slow downs apparently.

OrmIrian Wed 09-Jul-08 09:11:50

We have it on our new laptop. Had 98 before because all the DCs games played on it. Vista seems like a whole different world.

TheHedgeWitch Wed 09-Jul-08 09:16:30

Message withdrawn

RubberDuck Wed 09-Jul-08 09:18:38

YANBU. I own a mac now - reason for change, Windows Vista.

littlelapin Wed 09-Jul-08 19:10:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Goober Wed 09-Jul-08 19:12:13

I also on Vista.

You just wait until you try to marry up Ipods to it.

Grrrrrrrrr. envy

SaintGeorge Wed 09-Jul-08 19:18:05

My old PC was so crap that even with Vista, this one seems like a dream.

Word is a pain but I'm getting used to it, otherwise I am really liking most stuff.

I'll get my coat.

Cosette Wed 09-Jul-08 19:33:33

I have no intention of going to Vista ever - I am going to upgrade our family PC to Ubuntu, and then download openoffice - just need to find the time to do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now