Talk

Advanced search

In expecting my 9 year old to not eat like a feckin WILD ANIMAL?

(8 Posts)
KerryMum Fri 25-Apr-08 17:37:46

I mean he made LESS of a mess when he was 19 months old!

TheDuchessOfNorksBride Fri 25-Apr-08 17:44:43

Bear with a picnic basket?

He's a growing lad. It's important to get the calories into his mouth as fast as possible!

Squirdle Fri 25-Apr-08 17:45:43

Look on the bright side...at least he does eat!

KerryMum Fri 25-Apr-08 17:52:18

no matter what I say to him or threaten him with (high chair and bib say) he gets more food on floor, chair, walls, etc. then in his mouth. He's 9 fgs.

vwkombi Tue 27-Oct-09 09:18:29

Put a pelican bib on him

saintmaybe Tue 27-Oct-09 09:34:09

Had a vision of him looking up bloody-faced from a wildebeest carcass on the kitchen table when I read the thread title a la Life on Earth grin

I wish I'd been a bit more on the case with table manners, I think. They do use cutlery etc, butI was so keen that they enjoyed meals that i didn't really pay much heed to the other stuff, passing things, not talking with mouth full, etc

Stayingscarygirl Tue 27-Oct-09 10:15:32

You aren't the only one, kerry. Of my three, only ds1 (aged 16) can eat without splatting food all over the table. What's more, ds2 (14) and ds3(12) don't see the need to wipe up the food that misses their mouths. Nor the food that they spread down the wall when scraping leftovers into the bin. Nor the wee that misses the toilet bowl.

Hmmm - I am seeing a pattern here - total inability to get small amounts of stuff into fecking enormous fair sized targets! angry

HerBewitcheditude Tue 27-Oct-09 10:18:41

grin Congratulations on the thread title.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now