Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to use other people's trampolines?

(28 Posts)
muggglewump Fri 18-Apr-08 18:08:23

Ok, so quick story, I'm skint, single Mum, benefits, blah de blah but my next door neighbour and the one next to her have trampolines.
DD wants one but I don't see why I should save to buy her one when she plays with kids that have them anyway!

Am I being a bit weird though thinking that DD can play on other peoples trampolines to save me buying one?

ImightbeLulumama Fri 18-Apr-08 18:09:58

no YANBU

a good one with a net is around £200 , no?

DS wants one but two of our neighbours have one, and he can go there anytime, so no, we are not buying one

SquonkTheBeerGuru Fri 18-Apr-08 18:10:08

if you did buy one though - think of the fun they could have bouncing over the hedges from one to the other like a game of human draughts!

(yanbu btw)

SheWillBeLoved Fri 18-Apr-08 18:13:18

Not really, i'm sure you have better things to spend your money on. DD will probably invite them round to play on hers - and if that's the case, then they might aswell be on her friends one as they will be the same.. just in a different garden!

Don't feel bad, explain to her that money is tight and until you can afford one, she'll have to continue playing on her friends one.

muggglewump Fri 18-Apr-08 18:20:03

They all play together anyway, as much as DD wants one it would only get played on a third of the time, if that as they all play out the front.
I'm lucky that I have no road outside of our house and there's usually one of us Mums around, and it's an open door policy with the kids.
I just thought maybe I was being either mean or cheeky to not get a trampoline and let DD use other peoples!

Riddo Fri 18-Apr-08 18:47:12

My ds is desparate for one because "all his friends have them". Apart from the expense, it would completely fill our garden. It's more of a novelty if it belongs to someone else.

nametaken Fri 18-Apr-08 21:16:07

YANBU - I do exactly the same thing grin when my dcs play next door they play on the trampoline and when all the kids come here they play something the other kids don't have.

Perfectly logical.

MrsMuddle Fri 18-Apr-08 21:31:55

Can you get a swingball or something else cheaper as interesting, so that your DD has something in her garden that she can invite them to play with?

Either that, or you can do as I do and supply the ice lollies all summer!

boobum Fri 18-Apr-08 21:35:18

YANBU, the more the merrier on ours (well, two at a time, no somersaults etc!)smile

SquonkTheBeerGuru Fri 18-Apr-08 21:36:29

that;s a really good idea, mrs muddle.

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Fri 18-Apr-08 21:37:04

I was going to suggest the same as MrsMuddle, get something else for the garden with a smaller price tag I think things like this are a bit pointless if they are in every garden and the children are in and out anyway.
I am sure my dd would lvoe one but they are so expensive and it would take up too much of our garden. I do feel bad because there are not many in our bit that have them.

I can second the lollies though, myneighbours buy in lollies every year for when dd and ds are in the garden their children are grown up and all kids in our garden get a lolly and they are the best people in the world to the littlies.

taipo Fri 18-Apr-08 21:43:50

We have all the only trampoline in the neighbourhood and all the neighbours dc come over to use ours. Doesn't bother me, at least it keeps them out of the house smile

muggglewump Sat 19-Apr-08 13:26:40

Oooh I'm liking the swingball idea Mrs Muddle, no one else has one yet. We had a slide until I gave it to next door neighbour yesterday for her toddler. He was welcome to play on it in our garden but giving it to him makes it easier for him to play on when the other kids are at school.
I'll stock up on ice lollies too

ChasingSquirrels Sat 19-Apr-08 13:31:55

It would be unreasonable if you were sneaking into their gardens when they weren't there to use them, but the situation describes - YANBU.

Kids have different stuff, they play with different things at different houses, and they have to learn that you can't have everything you want.

Alambil Sat 19-Apr-08 19:51:57

YANBU - have you seen the new Maltesers advert with the mums on the trampoline / fit bloke in the garden next door? Tis very amusing!

GumballCharm Wed 05-Oct-11 22:43:04

Yanbu. dig her a sandpit instead!

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 05-Oct-11 22:45:31

<AWOOOOGA AWOOOOGA>

Another zombie thread

Vacunt Wed 05-Oct-11 22:47:06

OP are you American with twins and have just moved onto the street? wink grin

backwardpossom Wed 05-Oct-11 22:49:24

What a fab username Vacunt grin

lisad123 Wed 05-Oct-11 22:51:22

Welling your anywhere near herts and have someone with a van, your welcome to ours grin it's got some life in it but we are planning a move and don't want to take it with us smile

Vacunt Wed 05-Oct-11 22:53:46

Thank you grin

ChippingIn Wed 05-Oct-11 22:54:21

YABU - it's not the same as having your very own trampoline. Think of it like something you love having, that is yours diamonds/car/camera/whatever.

ljgibbs Wed 05-Oct-11 23:00:45

Bloody hell this is an old thread. Why on earth has it been dug up?

GumballCharm Wed 05-Oct-11 23:20:31

Erm...that would be my fault! blush I was looking for something else!

ChippingIn Wed 05-Oct-11 23:22:48

GumBall [disparaging frown] Don't Do It Again or There Will Be Trouble

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now