Talk

Advanced search

Nutella on toast is a nutritious way to start the day ??!!

(102 Posts)
mousemole Mon 21-Jan-08 17:43:32

AIBU to think that the Nutella ad that states that Nutella on toast is a nutritious way to start the day is a bit far fetched ? It also says that Nutella releases energy slowly making it an ideal breakfast. How can the stuff that Ferero Rochers are filled with be nutritious ? It's pure sugar and fat!!!

foofi Mon 21-Jan-08 17:45:08

Everyone knows what it is. If you don't want to eat chocolate for breakfast (hmm) then don't.

Buckets Mon 21-Jan-08 17:46:12

Better than nothing smile

seeker Mon 21-Jan-08 17:46:21

But nobody would object to toast and butter and honey - what's the difference?

LadyOfWaffle Mon 21-Jan-08 17:47:36

let it goooooooooooooooooooooooooo

sparklesandwine Mon 21-Jan-08 17:48:44

hasn't this been done already? hmm

expatinscotland Mon 21-Jan-08 17:49:22

it beats a cup of black coffee and a fag.

SheikYerbouti Mon 21-Jan-08 17:49:54

YABU

It's better then crack cocaine

scouserabroad Mon 21-Jan-08 17:50:48

mmmm black coffee and a fag... [wishing I wasn't breastfeeding emoticon]

SheikYerbouti Mon 21-Jan-08 17:51:08

Expat, coffe and a fag was my breakfast of choice before I moved in with DP

Them was the days....

Blu Mon 21-Jan-08 17:52:20

Mousemole - if you search 'nutella' from January onwards, you will find about 700000 opinions on whether YABU or not!

Blu Mon 21-Jan-08 17:53:24

Has anyone done a side-by-side nutrition comparison for sugar, fat, protein, salt and calories between Nutella and peanut butter?

3andnomore Mon 21-Jan-08 17:54:48

Well, it is nutsbased...and nuts are good for you, right ;)

Buckets Mon 21-Jan-08 17:59:44

Do people actually let their kids go to school without breakfast anyway? I know Kelloggs has been using the Better Than Nothing healthy start campaign (eg old Supernanny) but is it relevant to anyone who is sober and awake at breakfast times?

SheikYerbouti Mon 21-Jan-08 18:02:19

I have taught kids who get sent to school on a bag of saly and vinegar procured from the corner shop oin the way to school sad

FillyjonkisCALM Mon 21-Jan-08 18:04:09

oh its pure shite and I have no idea why people are defending it

the fact that some people DO seem to think its a "nutritious way to start the day" might be a pointer though (oh NO, advertising is HARMLESS hmm )

but I don't think you'll get far on this one, this is thread # 4023

sparklesandwine Mon 21-Jan-08 18:07:27

If were rushed for time in the morning my DC sometimes have brioche rolls (either plain or with choc chips in) does that make me a bad parent? hmm or is it ok because its brioche grin

MargetheMinx Mon 21-Jan-08 18:07:38

porridge is the best start to the day.

LoveAngel Mon 21-Jan-08 18:09:06

A black coffee, nutella and toast and a fag...sounds delicious! i long for my youth when this was my breakfast and i thought people who ate porridge and obsessed about fat content were wankers.

3andnomore Mon 21-Jan-08 18:09:32

I must admit, I used to love Nutella on Toast or on Zwieback (like Melba Toast, I suppose)....but then, that was in them days when no one took much notice of nutritious or not...

anywya, Filly who is actually really defending it?
MY reply here was certainly tongue in cheek

LoveAngel Mon 21-Jan-08 18:10:00

p.s. that wasn't a dig at you, OP! I agree - it's pathetic that Nutella can't just say 'mmm it's choccy spread, it's gorge' and have to claim some bogus nutritional value instead.

seeker Mon 21-Jan-08 18:10:43

I repeat - how is it different nutritionally from toast and butter and honey?

I won't have nutella in the house, personally, but I do think I am being unreasonable - nay irrational about it!

3andnomore Mon 21-Jan-08 18:12:40

'tis not chocolate spread, 'tis hazelnut spread...big difference (well, tastewise grin

oh seeker, but honey (well real honey, not the refined shite, of ocurse) is very healthy...whilst still of course high in sugars, etc...but it is healthy...

iMum Mon 21-Jan-08 18:13:10

but is still bee sick

3andnomore Mon 21-Jan-08 18:16:14

lol, there is that...but you know, manuka honey has so many healing properties....who cares..

milk is still Cows "breastmilk" (and all the nice puss and Antibiotics and hormones it gives you in high doses)

we eat meat (unless vegetarian, etc...) all the time...dead animal

eggs...well...they come out of a part of a chickens anatomy (or any other bird)I rather not think about, lol....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now