Is this positive?!

(749 Posts)
Omgwhatthehell Wed 01-Dec-21 13:13:08

I’ve name changed for this. I am due in hospital tomorrow for a colposcopy because of periods being all over the place. Just decided to do a pregnancy test just to be on the safe side.
DH and I were told earlier this year it was very unlikely we could conceive due to my age and low AMH levels.

Was not expecting this. I’m not going nuts am I? Is this positive? Is there any way it could be wrong?

DH is at work & I can’t talk to him for a couple of hours. Am shaking.

OP’s posts: |
Conflictedboobs Wed 01-Dec-21 13:14:03

Yep. Very, very positive. Congratulations!!

Crunchymum Wed 01-Dec-21 13:15:40

I am so happy this is a pregnancy test and not a Covid test!

Yes it's positive, very much so. Congratulations.

Quiettiger Wed 01-Dec-21 13:16:22

Yes that's very definitely a positive. Many, many congratulations!

Omgwhatthehell Wed 01-Dec-21 13:16:38

OH MY GOD. We haven’t even been trying.
I drank a martini and a glass of wine last night!
We haven’t had sex since about a month ago due to being very busy at work.
I just realised I’ve not had a period since before then, although that’s not unusual.

OP’s posts: |
Omgwhatthehell Wed 01-Dec-21 13:18:05

I’m going to go out to buy another better one just to be sure. One of those clear blue ones maybe.

OP’s posts: |
EerieSilence Wed 01-Dec-21 13:18:09

Congratulations, that looks very very positive! Don't worry about the martini and glass of wine, enjoy the pregnancy.

Advertisement

squee123 Wed 01-Dec-21 13:18:18

Congratulations! That is a very definite positive!

squee123 Wed 01-Dec-21 13:19:56

Please don't bother with the Clearblue weeks ones. They're notoriously unreliable and cause a lot of heartache with the misleading weeks indicator. Personally I'd go for a pink dye test like the First Response ones.

SunnyLeaf Wed 01-Dec-21 13:21:23

That looks like a strong positive!

Sunshinealligator Wed 01-Dec-21 13:22:22

Very clearly positive! In a similar position a few months ago myself!! I'm 17 weeks pregnant today, have a fabulous pregnancy, and enjoy your new baby when they arrive!flowers

slapmyarseandcallmemary Wed 01-Dec-21 13:23:42

That looks like a very strong line ☺️

jupitermars1345 Wed 01-Dec-21 13:26:08

That's positive. Congratulations 🎉

Omgwhatthehell Wed 01-Dec-21 13:26:48

I am crying and shaking. I don’t think it can be right.

We had reconciled ourselves to a life without kids. We were told we would need IVF to get pregnant. And we decided we didn’t want to go that route.
I was actually quite happy about it!

This changes everything!

OP’s posts: |
girlmom21 Wed 01-Dec-21 13:27:47

Oh god I so hope a second test confirms it for you OP. I'm so excited for you!

Ohpulltheotherone Wed 01-Dec-21 13:27:56

Oh yes that’s a huge big positive .

Congratulations! What a lovely surprise.

I also had a Christmas surprise like this a few years ago grin

JessicaPeach Wed 01-Dec-21 13:28:05

Wow!! So happy to read this great piece of news! Congratulations op! What a happy Christmas you will have!

sofakingcool Wed 01-Dec-21 13:28:25

Aww this is lovely

Babyghirl Wed 01-Dec-21 13:28:42

@Omgwhatthehell
Very positive don't buy a clear blue but a frer test there a better test to take.

Sexnotgender Wed 01-Dec-21 13:28:48

That’s definitely positive!! Very much so.

Congratulations flowers

Mama1980 Wed 01-Dec-21 13:28:58

That is a very strong positive! Congratulations.

Tohaveandtohold Wed 01-Dec-21 13:29:03

Definitely positive, congratulations, wish you all the best

idontlikealdi Wed 01-Dec-21 13:29:23

Oh congratulations!!!!

Xiaoxiong Wed 01-Dec-21 13:30:17

Oh I'm so happy for you, what amazing news! Congratulations! flowers

Ohpulltheotherone Wed 01-Dec-21 13:30:21

Omgwhatthehell

I am crying and shaking. I don’t think it can be right.

We had reconciled ourselves to a life without kids. We were told we would need IVF to get pregnant. And we decided we didn’t want to go that route.
I was actually quite happy about it!

This changes everything!

Even if the chance was 99% against you, that still leaves 1% possibility.

So it was possible, if unlikely.

It’s unlikely you’ll win the Euromillions - but someone has to.

Unlikely is not impossible!

Congratulations again flowers

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in