aldi not allowing customer with their own trolley in store

(141 Posts)
bluebell34567 Fri 01-Oct-21 23:19:02

they want customers to leave their own trolleys near the door of store, its like a designated area there.

i saw a lady today who didnt agree with that.
she said anyone can just pick up her trolley while she is in the deep end of the store.
there is a security guy there with no name tag and you cant trust he wouldnt just leave their position for one reason or another.
also, how he would know which trolley belongs to who.

is she being unreasonable?

OP’s posts: |
Sparklingbrook Fri 01-Oct-21 23:21:45

So she thought someone would steal her empty trolley? Was that likely? I'm not sure I understand.

dementedpixie Fri 01-Oct-21 23:24:03

Do you mean the pull along shopping trolley bag things? They don't get left at the door in my local stores

Sparklingbrook Fri 01-Oct-21 23:25:57

What's the alternative? Push the supermarket trolley and pull your own trolley behind you?

dementedpixie Fri 01-Oct-21 23:27:44

Surely you put your shopping trolley in the aldi trolley (if its the one I think it is)

Coogee Fri 01-Oct-21 23:30:20

I’ve never seen anyone with their own shopping trolley.

Every day is a school day.

bluebell34567 Fri 01-Oct-21 23:30:49

Sparklingbrook

So she thought someone would steal her empty trolley? Was that likely? I'm not sure I understand.

her own shopping trolley, which looked full with her previous shoppings i think.
she got a basket and wanted to drag her own trolley rather than leave it at the door.

Advertisement

HeddaGarbled Fri 01-Oct-21 23:30:55

Did she think the security guard without a name tag was just pretending to be a security guard so that he could add to his hoard of tartan wheely bags?

bluebell34567 Fri 01-Oct-21 23:31:43

dementedpixie

Do you mean the pull along shopping trolley bag things? They don't get left at the door in my local stores

yeah something like that you get from argos, etc.

dementedpixie Fri 01-Oct-21 23:32:25

I assume you mean something like these:

www.argos.co.uk/browse/sports-and-leisure/bags-luggage-and-travel/shopping-trolleys/c:30497/

dementedpixie Fri 01-Oct-21 23:33:24

I wouldn't want to leave my trolley of shopping unattended either

LST Fri 01-Oct-21 23:34:32

Sparklingbrook

What's the alternative? Push the supermarket trolley and pull your own trolley behind you?

I put mine on the bag hook thing at the front of the trolley or inside it if there isn't one.

I wouldn't leave mine at the front of the store. Totally unreasonable

bluebell34567 Fri 01-Oct-21 23:34:35

yes, bingo smile

LST Fri 01-Oct-21 23:35:18

Coogee

I’ve never seen anyone with their own shopping trolley.

Every day is a school day.

You've never seen a pull along shopping trolley? Really?

Hullbilly Fri 01-Oct-21 23:37:25

You can hang them off the trolley and people often have their belongings or other shopping in them. Sometimes they have a seat attached which can be a safety net if your legs go. They cost a fair amount and I guess there us a risk of it being stolen. On the other hand they're ideal for shop lifting. Maybe they should provide lockers if they want people to leave them at the door. Seems a bit mean on the whole.

bluebell34567 Fri 01-Oct-21 23:37:28

the security guy was ashking 'who will take it?'
and then he said to her the manager said so, the customers should leave them at door.

bluebell34567 Fri 01-Oct-21 23:39:29

asking

Coogee Fri 01-Oct-21 23:40:37

You've never seen a pull along shopping trolley? Really?

I assumed the OP was referring to a shopping trolley like the shopping trolleys that shops provide.

LST Fri 01-Oct-21 23:44:56

Coogee

*You've never seen a pull along shopping trolley? Really?*

I assumed the OP was referring to a shopping trolley like the shopping trolleys that shops provide.

Yes because that's a thing ...

steff13 Fri 01-Oct-21 23:44:59

Ultimately I think it's Aldi's decision whether a customer can bring their own cart thing. So she needed to leave it out so her shopping elsewhere.

steff13 Fri 01-Oct-21 23:45:28

Or do.

😒

Mantlemoose Fri 01-Oct-21 23:45:54

I don't have one but I wouldn't leave it at the door. The security guard may have to leave the door to go to toilet, go for break, chase shoplifter etc.

azimuth299 Fri 01-Oct-21 23:45:55

I wouldn't want to leave a trolley full of my stuff by the door either. Surely it's no different from pushing a buggy around?

LST Fri 01-Oct-21 23:48:18

steff13

Ultimately I think it's Aldi's decision whether a customer can bring their own cart thing. So she needed to leave it out so her shopping elsewhere.

I only have 1 shop in walking distance. So I couldn't leave it at the door or do my shopping elsewhere.

Kite22 Fri 01-Oct-21 23:49:58

I presume someone has come up with the thought after they have been used for shoplifting, but if they are carrying that train of thought forwards then they would need to say no bags at all.

I've never seen anyone being asked to leave their trolley, and I certainly wouldn't leave mine if asked - I'd go somewhere else for my shopping.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in