What stupid things do you do that no one else knows about?

(627 Posts)
FancySomeChips Sat 25-Sep-21 19:44:29

I used to be a party animal. LOVED clubbing every weekend (multiple times a week as a student), would dance for hours and laugh and laugh and laugh.

Tonight I am sitting in my cuddle chair putting chewits down my bra to warm them up before I eat them.
I’m home alone.

How life has changed.

Make me feel better, what weird stuff do you do that no one else knows about?!

OP’s posts: |
shouldistop Sat 25-Sep-21 19:45:39

I don't know very much tbh. You just made me laugh with your chewits grin

ConsulTremas Sat 25-Sep-21 19:48:09

I have a secret, shameful love for Fray Bentos pies. I don’t do it often but sometimes if I’m home alone and I know everyone will be out for bit, I go buy one, cook it and eat it. I then dispose of the packaging so no-one will ever know.

Derrymum123 Sat 25-Sep-21 19:53:11

I close the gates to the garden so the fairies and little people don't wander into the road. I even go out before I go up to bed, to make sure they are safe.(in theory they could fly out, I know...)

shouldistop Sat 25-Sep-21 20:04:18

Oh god I read your op as 'things you know', not 'things you do' blush

pigsDOfly Sat 25-Sep-21 20:04:54

I have silly conversations with my dog.

Obviously, she can't actually answer me so I speak for both of us.

Sometimes I catch myself doing it when we're out on a walk; thankfully, no one's ever been near enough to overhear me - I live in a relatively quiet place - but it can only be a matter of time before I turn round and there's someone behind me.

ShinyMe Sat 25-Sep-21 20:13:08

I'm mid dinner (on my own) and my back is itching, so I just scratched my back with my fork. I did lick it clean first.

Advertisement

ShinyMe Sat 25-Sep-21 20:14:08

pigsDOfly

I have silly conversations with my dog.

Obviously, she can't actually answer me so I speak for both of us.

Sometimes I catch myself doing it when we're out on a walk; thankfully, no one's ever been near enough to overhear me - I live in a relatively quiet place - but it can only be a matter of time before I turn round and there's someone behind me.

Oh I ALWAYS talk to animals. I don't have my own dog, but often walk my mum's and used to walk another dog for a friend, and I always have a conversation with them as we go. I don't even try to pretend I'm not.

Neron Sat 25-Sep-21 20:17:27

If there's 2 items left on a shelf, that I only need to purchase 1 of - I have to take them both. Can't leave 1, it will get lonely...

Myusernameisnotmyusernameno Sat 25-Sep-21 20:18:05

I greet my cat when she walks in the room and ask if she's alright when I see her. We all do it in this family lol

pigsDOfly Sat 25-Sep-21 20:18:42

ShinyMe

Talking to animals is fine, loads of people do that, it's the voice I do for her when she 'answers' me that's the problem and the things she says grin

LadyMonicaBaddingham Sat 25-Sep-21 20:19:35

I sing to my cat. About my cat. At the last count, there are 7 different adapted songs and 4 originals. I may need help...

LukeEvansWife Sat 25-Sep-21 20:20:00

ConsulTremas

I have a secret, shameful love for Fray Bentos pies. I don’t do it often but sometimes if I’m home alone and I know everyone will be out for bit, I go buy one, cook it and eat it. I then dispose of the packaging so no-one will ever know.

But Fray Bentos pies are the BEST! The contrast of crispy top, flabby pastry underneath Is truly great. It shouldn't be but it is!

LukeEvansWife Sat 25-Sep-21 20:20:21

LadyMonicaBaddingham

I sing to my cat. About my cat. At the last count, there are 7 different adapted songs and 4 originals. I may need help...

You need backing to create your own musical grin

SpittinKitten Sat 25-Sep-21 20:20:40

Myusernameisnotmyusernameno

I greet my cat when she walks in the room and ask if she's alright when I see her. We all do it in this family lol

Absolutely nothing strange about that hmm

I ask my cat whether her dinner was nice after she finishes eating blush

LukeEvansWife Sat 25-Sep-21 20:20:56

pigsDOfly

ShinyMe

Talking to animals is fine, loads of people do that, it's the voice I do for her when she 'answers' me that's the problem and the things she says grin

Have Siamese - no need to do the voice, they actually answer grin

Nayday Sat 25-Sep-21 20:25:25

I talk for the dog as if she's speaking to me - and she has an American accent.

I have to stop myself from doing it when we have visitors.

Leaving the country now I've admitted how weird I am!

Nayday Sat 25-Sep-21 20:26:35

@pigsDOfly - hello my person 🤣

ShinyMe Sat 25-Sep-21 20:30:07

LadyMonicaBaddingham

Of course! Don't we all?

My current favourite is to the tune of 'you are my sunshine' to my boy Fergus. " You are my Fergface, my furry Fergface. You make me happy, la la la la. Your furry tum tum, your furry bum bum, please don't take my Fergface away..."

Deux Sat 25-Sep-21 20:30:36

I have a secret love of Fruit Gums. If I’m feeling frivolous I put a large sharing pack in the Tesco order but stash them away.

I don’t like eating them when they’re hard so I put them in the pocket of my jeans to warm up. I may now out them in my bra, inspired by you OP.

ShinyMe Sat 25-Sep-21 20:31:50

pigsDOfly

ShinyMe

My toy mouse has a voice and very strong opinions. He often comments on the tv, or on other drivers. Sometimes I forget that I have the car window down and people give me funny looks.

SophieHMS Sat 25-Sep-21 20:35:11

There are four huge conker trees that I made friends with during lockdown 1 walks. I still pat them every time I pass them now. at least I've stopped hugging them

Bullsh Sat 25-Sep-21 20:35:20

My current favourite is to the tune of 'you are my sunshine' to my boy Fergus. " You are my Fergface, my furry Fergface. You make me happy, la la la la. Your furry tum tum, your furry bum bum, please don't take my Fergface away...

That is brilliant!!

EastWestWhosBest Sat 25-Sep-21 20:36:56

Myusernameisnotmyusernameno

That sounds perfectly normal to me.

BettysGotMoxie Sat 25-Sep-21 20:37:49

My current favourite is to the tune of 'you are my sunshine' to my boy Fergus. " You are my Fergface, my furry Fergface. You make me happy, la la la la. Your furry tum tum, your furry bum bum, please don't take my Fergface away...

This has made me so happy I can’t even tell you 😂

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in