No washing machine at centreparcs

(471 Posts)
SuperCaliFragalistic Mon 26-Jul-21 22:39:54

I'm at centreparcs for a week. Someone else paid for this holiday which I'm very grateful for. However our 4 bed (sleeps 8) Lodge doesn't have a washing machine and there are no laundry facilities on site. I know its a massive rip off anyway, and I know I should have checked the details and packed more stuff, but seriously? Now I'm expected to rinse my knickers in the sink after paying 4k for this this holiday! It takes the piss.

OP’s posts: |
IamNotDarling Mon 26-Jul-21 22:40:52

Take more knickers with you? It’s only a week.

Ilikecheeseontoast Mon 26-Jul-21 22:41:16

I went to centre parcs once and didn’t see what all the fuss was about. It’s a total rip off!

DeathByWalkies Mon 26-Jul-21 22:42:33

Can't you pop to the supermarket and pick up some cheap knickers?

WiddlinDiddlin Mon 26-Jul-21 22:43:14

How do you not know, at sufficiently adult enough to pay for a 4K holiday... to check if there are laundry facilities or pack enough pants for a week!

Washing your pants for a week will teach you to be better prepared in future!

Emmas85 Mon 26-Jul-21 22:43:35

Why would there be a washing machine there? The lodges are clearly detailed on the website. I've never done washing on holiday, surely people don't need to do washing when away for a few days?

Hellocatshome Mon 26-Jul-21 22:43:53

How long have you gone for? Normally people go for a long weekend or 5 nights, 7 nights at a push. Why wouldn't you just take enough pants to last?

Advertisement

SuperCaliFragalistic Mon 26-Jul-21 22:44:05

IamNotDarling

Take more knickers with you? It’s only a week.

I'm already here. I know I should have checked. But its not just an extra few pairs of knickers is it? It's more tops, more pyjamas, more towels, more clothes for the kids who seem to get covered in mud and food every time my back is turned.

Anoisagusaris Mon 26-Jul-21 22:45:05

Most decent holiday homes have washing machines.

SnarkyBag Mon 26-Jul-21 22:45:11

How odd to expect a washing machine at centre parks! Even odder not to pack enough pants for a week they hardly take up a lot of room!

WiddlinDiddlin Mon 26-Jul-21 22:45:34

Ilikecheeseontoast

I went to centre parcs once and didn’t see what all the fuss was about. It’s a total rip off!

I realise its super cool to take the piss out of center parcs..

But if places like center parcs didn't exist, with a nice tidy park, accessible lodges, facilities and activities on site, folk like me, wheelchair users who want to go on hols with another wheelchair user and no able bodied assistance, would be absolutely buggered!

And if they were ONLY used by the disabled, they would cost so much money none of us would afford to use them.

So I say, hurrah for center parcs and all who go there. Now off you toddle and enjoy your obviously superior holidays elsewhere eh?!

SuperCaliFragalistic Mon 26-Jul-21 22:45:52

WiddlinDiddlin

How do you not know, at sufficiently adult enough to pay for a 4K holiday... to check if there are laundry facilities or pack enough pants for a week!

Washing your pants for a week will teach you to be better prepared in future!

Yes, this will be a lesson for me I am sure.

Tickledtrout Mon 26-Jul-21 22:47:01

Yanbu. Any half decent holiday home has a washing machine.

Wanttocry Mon 26-Jul-21 22:47:01

Rip off or not, the stuff included in the lodge is very well listed, it’s not hard to find out that there’s no washing machine. Besides, I would always just take enough clothes for a week without having to do washing on holiday.

MichaelGovesBeard Mon 26-Jul-21 22:47:21

Anoisagusaris

Most decent holiday homes have washing machines.

Agreed.

mineofuselessinformation Mon 26-Jul-21 22:47:30

If you're at Elveden, there's a Sainsbury's not far away at Thetford - plenty of pants there!

amymel2016 Mon 26-Jul-21 22:48:48

YANBU any holiday cottage has a washing machine, I’d always expect one especially at those prices

MaggieFS Mon 26-Jul-21 22:48:50

If you're staying somewhere self catering for a week, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a washing machine. Especially family places where kids who make to end of mess will be staying.

That said, as OP has acknowledged, she should have checked.

AvantGardening Mon 26-Jul-21 22:48:52

Surely there’s a laundrette somewhere close ish or you can just do a quick sink wash in the evening?

CustardGoodJamGoodMeatGood Mon 26-Jul-21 22:49:01

I've never done a wash on holiday, I always take around 2 outfits per day I'm there for each of us (just incase!) And enough knickers for me to piss myself 20 times a day , maybe more for toddler DD, lesson learnt OP!

Embracelife Mon 26-Jul-21 22:49:09

Which one? There may be laundry service in nearby town you can do service wash Flitwick has a place if woburn

fucketyfuckwit Mon 26-Jul-21 22:49:18

They will wash it for you. Take it to guest services.

NakedAttraction Mon 26-Jul-21 22:49:38

Tickledtrout

Yanbu. Any half decent holiday home has a washing machine.

Or at least a launderette on-site. I’m amazed they don’t see that as another way to make money.

DDIJ Mon 26-Jul-21 22:50:25

I think it is ridiculous that a place that markets itself on the basis of small children being in the outdoors can't provide a washing machine. Even a coin op laundrette would do the job. It's not exactly a cheap holiday.

Iamawomannotamanwithavulva Mon 26-Jul-21 22:50:54

Been to CPs lots and always look for the washing machine. Always mention lack of washing machine or laundrette on feedback form. Nothing ever changes. Just pack more these days!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in