Second date fucking weird

(104 Posts)
seconddateshithead Fri 23-Jul-21 23:49:24

Is this just me?!

Just went for a lovely second date with a guy from old. All good. Doesn't seem crazy or obsessed with ex.

His phone keeps pinging throughout our meal from his friend. Asking how the date is etc

He keeps saying oh I should turn this off. But he doesn't. He replies each bloody time.

End of meal. I'm thinking nice walk. Maybe chill on the terrace.

Oh my friend has asked if she can meet you. Really. It's a second date. I want to get to know you not your pissed up mates.

We walk home. But oh the bar is on the way. I say don't you just want to go home? He says oh we could just stop for one.

We get there and the barmaid brings over a drink for him. So they knew he was coming cos he'd said yes. (I get nothing cos I'm an afterthought obviously...)

I'm sure they're all lovely. But they're out celebrating with shots etc. I wanted a date with one person. Is this just weird?!

OP’s posts: |
smoocakes6 Sat 24-Jul-21 00:03:30

i get where you're coming from, he was distracted and pleasing his mates when he should have been concentrating on the here and now. I would put me off tbh. Maybe its just nerves, but would be better to not involve other people. Makes you feel he's not that into you. I'd go with your gut on this OP x

ParrotShoulder Sat 24-Jul-21 00:08:51

Friends or family constantly using their phones while out at a meal is my pet hate. I probably would have pretended to have gone to the loo, left, and then text him "tell your mate that the date didn't go well because you seem to have your phone surgically attached to your hand". But I'm probably a bit crazy grin.

whatsoccuringnow Sat 24-Jul-21 00:10:15

How old are you both? Just out of interest. If in 20s I'd prob have let him off. Above 30? Annoying...

irresistibleoverwhelm Sat 24-Jul-21 00:11:22

Apart from the phone thing which was rude, I’d think he was someone who couldn’t focus on his partner rather than what his friends were doing - not particularly adult. Who wants a man to be like a teenage lad obsessed with his mates?

HollowTalk Sat 24-Jul-21 00:21:49

Ugh hope you're home now and have blocked him.

TreadLightly3 Sat 24-Jul-21 00:30:39

No you’re not weird, the situation is! And I went on a lot of OLDs

Advertisement

avamiah Sat 24-Jul-21 00:35:21

ParrotShoulder

Friends or family constantly using their phones while out at a meal is my pet hate. I probably would have pretended to have gone to the loo, left, and then text him "tell your mate that the date didn't go well because you seem to have your phone surgically attached to your hand". But I'm probably a bit crazy grin.

You’re not Crazy as I remember telling a guy I was on a date with that I would meet him outside as he went to the loo but I legged it(ran off).
Oh just to say that we only had drinks and we went (50/50).
It was a awful experience and he was calling me asking where I was and then he got nasty.
I had a feeling he would so I’m glad I trusted my gut instinct.

Aquamarine1029 Sat 24-Jul-21 00:37:08

I really hope you're smart enough to never see this loser again. He's a fucking twat.

Blindleadingtheblind Sat 24-Jul-21 00:42:53

I'd swerve this one. So rude!! Next!

Eviethyme Sat 24-Jul-21 00:45:45

Hard to say but it's all too wierd for me

AnyOldLion Sat 24-Jul-21 00:47:41

I'd hate this.

conecrosoooo Sat 24-Jul-21 00:55:01

Grim.

Block and move on

seconddateshithead Sat 24-Jul-21 01:04:34

Thank you!
Sorry was driving home. Annoyed

For the person who asked how old he is.

He's 56!

The thing that tipped me over the edge into fuming in the car was when I said I was going and he'd twigged I was pissed we had to go back to his to get something. He apologised.

His gorgeous dog snuggled up on my lap and he said - sorry Parker I like her too but I don't think we'll be seeing her again.

Don't use cute dogs against me! Talk about emotional blackmail

OP’s posts: |
irresistibleoverwhelm Sat 24-Jul-21 01:20:38

56!! Well if he likes you he should have paid you more attention then!

Honestly. I assumed he was in his twenties!

LividLaVidaLoca Sat 24-Jul-21 01:24:20

You’ve dodged a bullet.

But it sounds like he is drinking and driving. Not okay. Are you home safe now?

Aquamarine1029 Sat 24-Jul-21 01:25:50

56! Just a pathetic, sleazy twat. What an absolute fool he is.

Yescheese Sat 24-Jul-21 01:43:12

Urgh, sounds an idiot. Also sounds like his priorities are boozing with his mates, even at the expense of a couple of hours with a new partner. At his age...

QueenBee52 Sat 24-Jul-21 02:00:57

LividLaVidaLoca

You’ve dodged a bullet.

But it sounds like he is drinking and driving. Not okay. Are you home safe now?

I think His home was within walking distance of the Bar and OP's car ...

But Yes OP you dodged a bullet ... Parker sounded nice though ☺️

QueenBee52 Sat 24-Jul-21 02:01:41

Ooh she maybe have dropped him off .. 🤔

PixelatedLunchbox Sat 24-Jul-21 02:32:19

56 confused

No wonder he's single.

Caiti19 Sat 24-Jul-21 02:40:14

56 year old man child

Caiti19 Sat 24-Jul-21 02:45:34

Seriously though, second date is the "best foot forward" stage. Any ass-holeness is supposed to reveal itself gradually over the course of the first few years. If he can't enjoy just you on date 2, I wouldn't waste anymore time on him. You deserve an adult.

blubberball Sat 24-Jul-21 03:06:47

No point wasting your time, because he won't change. Sounds like a div.

k1233 Sat 24-Jul-21 03:13:28

If this is his initial best impression, then yeah, you're best rid.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in