DP is alone upstairs with my unpassworded phone

(160 Posts)
Goingplacestogether Wed 23-Jun-21 20:45:52

He’s convinced he can set up an echo dot where I’ve failed. We’ll see. But should I worry? Will he peruse my what’s app chats where I join in a general moan about men? Will he find my secret stash of topless pics of Giovanni from Strictly? What about my Amazon purchase history of meaningless crap?

What would you worry about in my shoes? Besides being proven wrong re defective dot?

OP’s posts: |
baubled Wed 23-Jun-21 20:47:51

I'd be worried he would see the absolute SHIT I read on crappy online newspaper websites like the Daily Mail, The Sun etc

TriangularPrism Wed 23-Jun-21 20:48:07

I take it you're the DP trying to find out what you should be looking for then since you've got her phone?

TangledTrees Wed 23-Jun-21 20:48:39

I am going hot and cold at the mere thought of handing over my unlocked phone grin

TSSDNCOP Wed 23-Jun-21 20:50:06

He'd never wrestle it out of my cold dead hand.

KatherineOfGaunt Wed 23-Jun-21 20:51:04

I wouldn't worry about anything as I've nothing to hide. Not that DH or I would snoop on each other anyway.

Ineedtogotobednowplease Wed 23-Jun-21 20:51:14

I'd be worried he would find my secret Pinterest board and find out about my unhealthy obsessions with physically appealing actors.

What is he trying to set up on the dot? You just use the Alexa app on your phone to do it all.

Advertisement

MartyHart Wed 23-Jun-21 20:51:47

Oh God, my bookmarked favourite fanfiction stories featuring lots of slash grin

ChaToilLeam Wed 23-Jun-21 20:52:24

I’d worry that he would see that I watch blackhead videos.

gamerchick Wed 23-Jun-21 20:52:58

I wouldn't care. He knows my passcodes anyway. He has strict instructions if I die grin

romdowa Wed 23-Jun-21 20:53:33

Probably that he would read some of my pregnancy groups and get really grossed out 🤣🤣

GrolliffetheDragon Wed 23-Jun-21 20:53:43

I view anything I don't want DH to know about in incognito mode.

Not that there's anything awful, it's just anything I might get embarrassed about and it's mostly just silly things anyway.

(For some reason my phone decided 'silly' should say 'adult', which would have given a very different impression 😄)

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 23-Jun-21 20:54:15

Giovanni, ewww, no.

Dogscanteatonions Wed 23-Jun-21 20:55:12

ChaToilLeam

I’d worry that he would see that I watch blackhead videos.

Yes!!! This.

CatsArePeople Wed 23-Jun-21 20:55:22

i don't keep anything stupid on my phone. Maybe some rude memes.

Aposterhasnoname Wed 23-Jun-21 20:55:30

How much those £2 trinny london pots really cost.

Goingplacestogether Wed 23-Jun-21 20:56:31

Love all these answers! And no@TriangularPrism I’m definitely the phone owner. He’s just come down not exactly admitting defeat but on his usual hobby horse of IPhones being shit! I’m clearly trusted as he’s only taken the opportunity to set up his beloved mistress Alexa. He has her in every room in his house.

And yes to fanfic stash grin

Paul72 Wed 23-Jun-21 20:57:15

My phone and my wife's phone have the same pin numbers.
My bank debit card and my wife's bank debit card have the same pin numbers (Not the same as the phone pins)
It is called total trust.

BathshebaKnickerStickers Wed 23-Jun-21 20:58:32

Oh goodness. My DH might suddenly discover where I told my best friend how to buy her daughter’s senior school blazer.

And how to vote for our school’s Pet Of The Year.

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Wed 23-Jun-21 20:58:36

🤣🤣
@Goingplacestogether

be afraid. be very afraid

HadEnoughOfBears Wed 23-Jun-21 21:00:20

MartyHart

Oh God, my bookmarked favourite fanfiction stories featuring lots of slash grin

Yep this 🙈

Also my 'stan' twitter account which is not the same as my regular respectable twitter account 🙈

trevthecat Wed 23-Jun-21 21:00:24

I would worry he would find it so boring he would be concerned that he made a mistake marrying me 😂

Goingplacestogether Wed 23-Jun-21 21:01:49

@Ineedtogotobednowplease the gen 1 device he’s given me won’t synch. I could but one but all I need is a device to say “Alexa, set timer for 30 mins” in morning 😊

ChargingBuck Wed 23-Jun-21 21:02:00

I’m clearly trusted as he’s only taken the opportunity to set up his beloved mistress Alexa. He has her in every room in his house.

I bet he does, the dirty, dirty dog.

Greyrootszerohoots Wed 23-Jun-21 21:03:45

I’d worry he’d log into mumsnet 😅

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in