To report this to police? BIL urinating on DC’s toys.

(94 Posts)
user1488481370 Sat 12-Jun-21 11:05:48

Posted before. Having major issues with BIL and his partner who live next door (all very complicated) please look at other posts to fill in blanks if you wish.

Anyway, police are involved regarding threats, letting livestock out of sheds (which we have clear, video evidence of) and property being damaged.

We’ve been noticing glass around our children’s toys for a while now. Didn’t think anything of it but it was such a frequent occurrence that we decided to get a trail cam to see if it was malicious. We’ve had it set up for a few nights now, haven’t seen anything regarding the placing of any glass near our children’s toys (although we haven’t actually noticed any during this time and we check daily!)
But we did capture BIL urinating over DD’s picnic bench, ball and seesaw. I’m really grossed out by it. Honestly think it’s disgusting and obviously seems malicious. He is quite obviously very un well mentally to be doing such things. OH is very reluctant to report this to the police as they’ve been very slow/reluctant to act so far despite having clear evidence of him doing certain things. He’s lost all faith. Would they take this seriously. You can clearly see it’s him and what he’s doing.

OP’s posts: |
VariantL1130 Sat 12-Jun-21 11:07:55

I wouldn't hesitate to report. I remember one of your earlier posts. Sorry to hear it's not getting better.

Anythingelseintheboxpandora Sat 12-Jun-21 11:08:13


Damn right i would report it.

GreenBinLid Sat 12-Jun-21 11:08:18

Yes. Report. Especially in the context of everything else. And keep the camera rolling.


Penistoe Sat 12-Jun-21 11:09:09

I have no words!

spaceghett0 Sat 12-Jun-21 11:09:30

Absolutely report it. How awful.

insancerre Sat 12-Jun-21 11:09:34

Yes I would report that
Any chance of moving?


BonnyEm Sat 12-Jun-21 11:10:55

I remember your earlier posts too.
I would definitely report.
I'm sorry your family are having to deal with this

Orf1abc Sat 12-Jun-21 11:11:57

He is quite obviously very un well mentally to be doing such things.

Or maybe he's just an utter cock? Let's not stigmatise mental illness as a means of explaining poor behaviour. You can be perfectly healthy and still do very nasty things.

MrsBungle Sat 12-Jun-21 11:12:22

Goodness me. Yes I would report that too. That’s very concerning behaviour.

sometimescharlottesometimesnot Sat 12-Jun-21 11:12:26

You really have no choice. ,you have to report it

EmeraldShamrock Sat 12-Jun-21 11:13:28

I'd report him too or scold him however if he is mentally unwell reporting is the best option, though it isn't acceptable even from someone who has MH problems.

user1488481370 Sat 12-Jun-21 11:14:24

Thank you all. I’ll be reporting him again.

It’s all MIL’s estate. She died 4 years ago and OH is the farmer. They want us gone so are trying to force us out. MIL split the land and houses 4 ways although the land was promised to OH and he worked for a pittance. We’re now having to go down the proprietary estoppel route which is costing us a fortune and is in itself very frightening but a barrister has told us that we’ve got a very good case.

OP’s posts: |
Notaroadrunner Sat 12-Jun-21 11:15:18

Disgusting excuse for a human being. Absolutely report it to the police. Any chance ye can move? I wouldn't want to live in the same country as this vile person, let alone next door.

Cabinfever10 Sat 12-Jun-21 11:15:55

Please report it even if they don't do anything about it specifically it will help to prove a pattern of harassing behaviour and will help you to eventually have him prosecuted for harassment and/or a non mol order

user1488481370 Sat 12-Jun-21 11:16:36

@Orf1abc sorry I didn’t mean to offend but we have reason to believe that he really is unwell. I didn’t mean it in a derogatory manner. I was being deadly serious. I suffer with MH issues myself (any wonder really?!) and would never use it to explain poor behaviour.

OP’s posts: |
User112 Sat 12-Jun-21 11:18:46

Please move. Cut your losses, in the long term it’ll be well worth it. I’m sorry you are having to deal with shit of this scale from FAMILY !!

KaptainKaveman Sat 12-Jun-21 11:19:17

This is horrible and yes, you absolutely should tell the police.

Sssloou Sat 12-Jun-21 11:19:58

This is a real physical violation of your DCs.

They could become hurt or infected.

They need protecting.

You have no idea (shudder to think) what else he has already done or will escalate to do.

Call the police to protect your DCs.

I am sorry you are having to deal with this. Is this your DH’s brother or his sisters DH?

Melitza Sat 12-Jun-21 11:21:55

Definitely report him.
He sounds disgusting.

SmellThis Sat 12-Jun-21 11:22:02

Glad you are reporting this, keep your own separate records too
Date, time and the name of the person you reported it to

bigbaggyeyes Sat 12-Jun-21 11:23:43

I wouldn't hesitate to report this to the police, if nothing else there will be a paper trail of the abuse you are suffering at the hands of your bil

Medievalist Sat 12-Jun-21 11:25:18

He's posing a physical danger to your dcs - yes report him. And keep a written record of his behaviour/incidents. Might also help your legal case?

OhWhyNot Sat 12-Jun-21 11:26:00

What a vile bully

They are making it very clear they want you gone unwell or not his actions are disturbing and dangerous

Absolutely report. Targeting your children in this way is very disturbing

SirVixofVixHall Sat 12-Jun-21 11:26:25

I remember your other threads. It all sounds an absolute nightmare. What a disgusting man he is - yes I would report it.
How much longer can you go on living in this situation though, as BIL will clearly not stop and wants to drive you out ?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in