Have you found an alcoholic drink that leaves you hangover free?

(70 Posts)
Rainydays55 Thu 06-May-21 18:57:50

I don’t really drink much anymore , really don’t like the hangover but I miss having a glass of something of a Friday or Saturday night to relax. What are your go to drinks , just for 1 or 2, which don’t leave you knowing you’ve drank it the next day?

OP’s posts: |
Balaur Thu 06-May-21 19:04:35

It's a cliché but gin and tonic. It's also about WHEN I have a drink, which in generally Friday afternoon when I get in from work and before food. I don't carry on drinking after I've eaten (mostly!) So no hangover and a nice buzzy feeling for an hour or 2 before eating.

IamChipmunk Thu 06-May-21 19:16:04

Prosecco.
Also agree with what pp said. I tend to start early and finish early!
Water before bed and asleep by 11 means there will be no ill effects although I could drink one or two of anything and not have a hangover. (Not sure how good that is?!)

StylishMummy Thu 06-May-21 19:18:28

If wine is a first press then it's far better quality and less likely to result in a hangover. I also like sticking to clear spirits if making a night of it. Champagne/Prosecco give me a dreadful headache & hangovers

MagnoliaBeige Thu 06-May-21 19:31:15

Crabbies for me, I don’t have more than two and feel fine the next day.

VeryQuaintIrene Thu 06-May-21 19:33:27

Tequila with orange juice and lots of ice.

EdersonsSmileyTattoo Thu 06-May-21 19:33:27

Rum! I stopped drinking wine at Christmas as I was tired of being hungover and dehydrated after drinking it.

I discovered Red Leg Rum and have never had a hangover or even felt a bit fuzzy since!

Advertisement

Lubiluxe Thu 06-May-21 19:35:58

1 glass of anything would not make me feel hungover the next day. And I don't drink very much!

If I'm out drinking (once in a while) or at a wedding etc... i opt for gin and usually feel OK. Still a bit tired but generally better than other alcohol

FrangipaniDeLaSqueegeeMop Thu 06-May-21 19:36:56

Vodka.

Too bad I hate the stuff

domesticslattern Thu 06-May-21 19:39:23

Got to admit that I moved to alcohol-free beers eg by Brewdog and can't really tell much difference. I just couldn't cope with how rubbish I felt in the mornings otherwise- definitely getting old!

SchrodingersImmigrant Thu 06-May-21 19:49:25

Good beer.
Emphasis on good. Stella makes me sock in any amount. Carlsberg is just... I don't have words.

Doesn't need to be craft though. Pilsner Urquell is great and not ott with price for example

fruitbrewhaha Thu 06-May-21 19:49:33

I find prosecco or similar good for a night of drinking mainly because you drink it from such tiny glasses, so I just drink a lot less than if I'm drinking white wine from a large glass that gets filled up.

But the biggest revelation for me and my debilitating hangovers was that if I drank a load of water, I would be hangover free. So drink lots of water in the day before I start on anything alcoholic, have some glasses of water along with the booze and then a pint of water before bed and bingo, I'm fine the next day. This is after spending most of my Saturday afternoons in my 20s with my head down a loo.

SchrodingersImmigrant Thu 06-May-21 19:49:34

Sick not sock

SchrodingersImmigrant Thu 06-May-21 19:50:24

Also adequate food. No drinking on empty stomach or some light low fat diet foods.

TheVolturi Thu 06-May-21 19:51:08

Brandy for me!

TheHateIsNotGood Thu 06-May-21 19:52:11

Spritzers - Dry White Wine, Soda Water, Ice and a Slice

iklboo Thu 06-May-21 19:52:11

Hemp rum. Never had a hangover yet. Pity you can only buy it online.

ODFOx Thu 06-May-21 19:52:16

Tequila. I have never had a hangover with tequila. Even after the heaviest night: it sucks out your brain and replaces it with cotton wool, but no pain or discomfort....

gingganggooleywotsit Thu 06-May-21 19:52:30

My mum swears by organic wine

JustFedUpOfThis Thu 06-May-21 19:52:42

Definitely not tequila.

Just in case you were wondering.

Iceniii Thu 06-May-21 19:53:29

I think drinking between ovulation and my period gives me hangovers from a glass or 2!

JustFedUpOfThis Thu 06-May-21 19:53:45

X-post with ODfox

But she very wrong.

UnaLength Thu 06-May-21 19:54:59

I second organic wine or Prosecco. Aldi do a very good organic Pinot Grigio for £5.99 and a Prosecco too.

oystercatcher44 Thu 06-May-21 19:56:38

Try a Franken white wine. It is a very dry German white wine. The low sugar content means you can drink as much as you like and never get a hangover.

EvilOnion Thu 06-May-21 19:57:18

Gin liqueurs.

My binge drinking days are definitely over whether I'm ready for that or not 🤣

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in