Talk

Advanced search

Not usually something I would ever post about but...

(73 Posts)
noteabagsleft Sun 24-Jan-21 23:33:02

Lying in bed, next to DH he's sound asleep, put my phone down and got comfy about to try and fall asleep, close my eyes and I feel a hand on my shoulder. A firm touch, it didn't hurt but Definately felt like a hand! Sat up quick thinking one of the DC had sneaked in, but nope, all the kids are asleep- I checked!! Wtf!! Second thing in the last month that's happened to me and I've never really believed or not believed in this- I'm indifferent! Any rational explanations?? Before I move out! 😂

OP’s posts: |
Imiss2019 Sun 24-Jan-21 23:35:53

I woke up this morning because someone tapped my elbow. Thought it was DH cause he always gives me a prod when he brings me a coffee. But when I turned over no one was there.
Was a very definite tap though

Bargebill19 Sun 24-Jan-21 23:36:26

Hubby doing it in his sleep? Or that weird sleep paralysis thing, where you are aware but not really asleep, and can feel like your falling but not thing.

noteabagsleft Sun 24-Jan-21 23:37:33

@Imiss2019

Yeah Definately was a hand on my shoulder quite firmly too, so can't see any other explanation, I felt the fingers!! I was awake so plus have been me dreaming!
Nothing like this has ever happened to me before, so I'm slightly shook up 😂 hoping someone can suggest something to explain it away.

Has anything like that happened to you before?

noteabagsleft Sun 24-Jan-21 23:38:25

@Bargebill19
No hubby has his back to me and I am facing him so the shoulder I felt it on was facing off the bed if that makes sense

noteabagsleft Sun 24-Jan-21 23:39:03

@Bargebill19

I was fully awake so I don't think it could have been that

LegoAndLolDolls Sun 24-Jan-21 23:42:41

I have had this in the day when I'm awake! Something prodded my firmly and for second or so in my back at my friends house.

I have it at home too, mostly in the morning. Not very often and I wonder what a sensible reason would be?

Imiss2019 Sun 24-Jan-21 23:43:02

noteabagsleft

*@Imiss2019*

Yeah Definately was a hand on my shoulder quite firmly too, so can't see any other explanation, I felt the fingers!! I was awake so plus have been me dreaming!
Nothing like this has ever happened to me before, so I'm slightly shook up 😂 hoping someone can suggest something to explain it away.

Has anything like that happened to you before?

A cushion fell off the chair the other night actually. No one was near it and it wasn’t oddly balanced just fell forward whilst I was sat there. Ddog has been with me both times but didn’t sense a disturbance in the force. Mind you he’s not remotely sensitive anyone else’s emotions but his own hmm
Must admit the cushion freaked me out more than the elbow tap. This morning I was just annoyed there was no coffee on the bedside table

noteabagsleft Sun 24-Jan-21 23:44:38

@LegoAndLolDolls

Does it scare you?

A couple weeks ago I was standing in my kitchen, had my jacket on and someone/something pulled my hood- hard! I got such a scare, same with tonight! Not sure what's going on

liverpool1981 Sun 24-Jan-21 23:46:21

This is actually making me feel uneasy reading this.

noteabagsleft Sun 24-Jan-21 23:48:06

@liverpool1981

Why do you say that? I'm pretty scared myself hence why I posted on here thinking I would get logical explanations 🙈

Emeraldshamrock Sun 24-Jan-21 23:48:55

This has happened to me too.
Scary and woo no explanation sends the shivers through you.

Palatka Sun 24-Jan-21 23:50:53

I've felt the dog turning round and round beneath my feet then laying down, then realizing he's not on the bed.

noteabagsleft Sun 24-Jan-21 23:50:53

@Emeraldshamrock
That's exactly how I'm feeling, shaking and know I'll be awake all night now 😭

Divebar Sun 24-Jan-21 23:51:05

Maybe have a little conversation with “ it”? ....” would you mind not doing that because you’re making me nervous”

LegoAndLolDolls Sun 24-Jan-21 23:51:19

No it doesnt scare me any more. I dont think its sinister. Someone's it's a couple of taps waking me up or brushing push my feet at the end of the bed. It's never forceful or sudden, just firm.

I do try to cover my feet always in bed now. I do wonder if it's the mind playing tricks but I do get the occasional prod in the back during the day which is maybe like pushing in more than a cm into my skin slowly and firmly and makes me want to rub it after. So it feels very real

noteabagsleft Sun 24-Jan-21 23:53:04

Well I'm feeling very much on edge and I don't like it!
Don't know what to think, would wake DH up but he would think I'm daft 😂

Hawkins001 Sun 24-Jan-21 23:54:58

I'd say, your DH pranking you, of if it's a energy being, then you need Sam and Dean, that aside, set up a camera system to see if the being is recordable ?

noteabagsleft Sun 24-Jan-21 23:56:49

@Hawkins001

I would usually agree but he had his back to me and I was on my side facing him so couldn't have possibly been him

Imiss2019 Sun 24-Jan-21 23:57:46

Palatka

I've felt the dog turning round and round beneath my feet then laying down, then realizing he's not on the bed.

Now that would freak me out the flump of a circling dog as he lays down is a very noticeable movement shock

RightOnTheEdge Sun 24-Jan-21 23:59:26

Ddog has been with me both times but didn’t sense a disturbance in the force. Mind you he’s not remotely sensitive anyone else’s emotions but his own
🤣🤣

Imiss2019 Sun 24-Jan-21 23:59:53

noteabagsleft

Well I'm feeling very much on edge and I don't like it!
Don't know what to think, would wake DH up but he would think I'm daft 😂

Wake him up it’ll help distract you. I’m off to steal ds1’s night light (he’s 16 it’s time he gave it up anyway grin )

HagenDaz Mon 25-Jan-21 00:03:51

Do you have someone living in your loft?

noteabagsleft Mon 25-Jan-21 00:05:10

@HagenDaz
Usually I would laugh at this, but right now, NOPE!

Definately no one living in my loft tho

Lweji Mon 25-Jan-21 00:12:33

Seems more like a trick of the brain.

You may want to have a chat with your GP.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in