Talk

Advanced search

Haven't been out of my pjs since Xmas ...anyone else ?

(304 Posts)
rainsnownblow Tue 19-Jan-21 09:34:59

Aibu not to bother getting dressed?
Work from home.
Order food shop online.
Has anyone else lost all motivation for actual real life clothes?
Wardrobe full of nice outfits and I just put clean pjs on

OP’s posts: |
tobedtoMNandfart Tue 19-Jan-21 09:36:21

I get it. 99.99% of my wardrobe hasn't been worn in over a year.

What about fresh air & exercise though?

SmidgenofaPigeon Tue 19-Jan-21 09:37:08

I couldn’t do it. Unless I was ill. Have you not been outside? Why?

Beamur Tue 19-Jan-21 09:37:08

I haven't had a single day that I don't get dressed. I have a dog, so need to go out and walk her.
Staying indoors all day every day isn't good for you - why don't you go out and get some fresh air?

DinosaurDiana Tue 19-Jan-21 09:37:44

I wear the same three tops and black leggings in rotation !
I’ve no desire to set foot in a shop or go to a cafe.

canipressthebackbuttonplease Tue 19-Jan-21 09:40:03

I would be very depressed to not leave the house for fresh air and exercise, and I feel awful and unkept wearing my pyjamas all day.

But you do you! As long as it isn't a symptom of sadness, I guess it doesn't matter too much

barofsoap Tue 19-Jan-21 09:40:16

what about exercise? I go out for a walk every day whatever the weather and I don't that in my jammies

Spidey66 Tue 19-Jan-21 09:41:21

The only time I don't get washed and dressed is on the very rare occasion I'm so ill I can't leave my bed. Like a pp my dog needs walking for a start.

rainsnownblow Tue 19-Jan-21 09:41:23

I have a big garden so just been going in there.
Boyfriend takes the dog out.
I just feel really flat and it just seems a bit pointless getting dressed.
I really feel like I need to start making a effort as this could go on a while.
I used to love picking outfits etc but I go nowhere now to see anyone so I just think bleugh

Iamthewombat Tue 19-Jan-21 09:41:36

No. I thought it was important to keep wearing clothes with a waistband, in order to (sometimes) resist the siren call of the leftover Christmas chocolate!

BringMeTea Tue 19-Jan-21 09:41:53

Some fresh air will be good for you!

rainsnownblow Tue 19-Jan-21 09:42:29

Oh I need a good kick up the arse don't I.
I think il dye my greys in the week and start getting some motivation again.

SmidgenofaPigeon Tue 19-Jan-21 09:42:33

You didn’t even take your own dog out?

gamerchick Tue 19-Jan-21 09:43:20

I could if I was stuck in but would have to try stuff on to make sure they still fit. Pjs are too forgiving.

BringMeTea Tue 19-Jan-21 09:43:34

Oh just seen your update. Maybe join for the dog walk or do it yourself for alone time. Honestly it might help your mood. It sucks though, I get it.

SmidgenofaPigeon Tue 19-Jan-21 09:44:03

*don’t even. Sorry OP but no, you’ve become institutionalised if you think it’s normal to walk around the garden in your pjs and never go anywhere else.

RaininSummer Tue 19-Jan-21 09:44:30

I couldn't do that even though I do sometimes stay indoors for 3 days in a row. It makes me feel all unsettled. Just this morning, however, I have dug a different outfit from the wardrobe as I have worn the same three slobbing about Jeans, leggings type combos all winter.

Glitterblue Tue 19-Jan-21 09:44:52

I don't feel right if I don't get dressed - granted it's just leggings and a hoodie at the moment and then I get changed if I'm going out for a walk or to do the food shop - but I need to feel as if I have proper clothes on or I feel as if I'm ill!

Dashel Tue 19-Jan-21 09:45:00

You might feel a bit better if you got changed into a pair of jeans and went for a walk with your bf and dog. I know it’s hard sometimes to get motivated but honestly it will do you good

ExclamationPerfume Tue 19-Jan-21 09:45:24

I would feel so depressed doing that. Get out for a walk every day even if it's just round the block.

Twentyweektraining Tue 19-Jan-21 09:46:20

You didn’t even take your own dog out? Her boyfriend does

SmidgenofaPigeon Tue 19-Jan-21 09:47:23

Yeah, I read that, but if it’s her dog then it’s strange to never be the one to take it out!

Spied Tue 19-Jan-21 09:48:47

I think you'll feel one hundred times better if you put your clothes on. You don't have to be fancy.
I can't stay in PJs even if I'm in all day. Makes me anxious.

MissBaskinIfYoureNasty Tue 19-Jan-21 09:49:12

Do try to get dressed into something that makes you feel nice. You don't need to sit on the sofa in your finest silks and furs but pyjamas constantly will make you feel crap. I've started doing some make up just to stay in the house! Nobody but DH and kids see it but it makes me feel good all day.

PattyPan Tue 19-Jan-21 09:50:02

I’d feel like crap if I didn’t get dressed. I don’t wear anything fancy or uncomfortable, usually a comfy dress and leggings or jeans and a jumper, but it makes a huge difference.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in