Talk

Advanced search

Page 2 | How to bag a wealthy man?

(447 Posts)
Simonstrousers Wed 13-Jan-21 20:44:42

Realise I’m going to get flamed for this, but how many of you if you really were completely honest, would prefer to be with a wealthy man, given the choice?
How do you attract them, what type of women do they go for?
I live abroad, 10 minutes away are multi millionaire pound villas, extensive gyms and restaurants etc. I’ve seen these men with a mix of women..some much younger and glamorous (fairly obvious) but many of the wives are fairly quiet and quite plain.
How go these women generally end up with these men?

OP’s posts: |
Gncq Wed 13-Jan-21 20:52:47

I don't get the moaners on this thread, if you don't like the question just jog on, some people might find this interesting!

Baycob Wed 13-Jan-21 20:53:05

School of affluence sounds right up your street! Google and insta.

Orlania Wed 13-Jan-21 20:53:05

I'd prefer to be with someone I loved, wealthy or not. Although I can't imagine dp being really wealthy, it might change him in a bad way.

wellthatsunusual Wed 13-Jan-21 20:53:27

They either partner up with women who are wealthy themselves, or else these men spend their lives marrying and divorcing women who are increasingly younger than them. And each woman seems surprised when she is replaced with the younger version of herself.

DuzzyFuck Wed 13-Jan-21 20:53:30

TheUndoingProject

Well the wealthy men I know are all married to wealthy, high flying women, most of whom they met at work or university. Sometimes their wives have stepped back a bit career-wise after having kids, but it does seem the easiest way to meet wealthy, successful men is to be career driven and successful yourself .

This. A number of my friends are married to Men who are now on 6 figure salaries (so maybe not as wealthy as the OP is aiming for but very comfortable) but they all met because they worked in the same high-flying industry. None of the Women were struggling themselves and most are still high-fliers, although a couple are SAHM or have set up their own small businesses around the family.

Gncq Wed 13-Jan-21 20:54:15

Love is love, wherever it finds you.

I don't think all women who marry extremely wealthy men necessarily "love" them.

Kinlocrhum Wed 13-Jan-21 20:54:18

Join a tennis club when they reopen. I recommend Queens or the Hurlingham.
Keep your nails groomed, pale polish preferably. No roots. Wax. Quality handbag.
Good luck.

Waxonwaxoff0 Wed 13-Jan-21 20:54:22

I earn £8.75 an hour and I wouldn't dream of marrying someone for money. I'd rather be poor forever than ever rely financially on a man.

ferntwist Wed 13-Jan-21 20:54:33

Maybe it’s the women in the couples you see who have the money and the men have bagged them!

SugarCoatIt Wed 13-Jan-21 20:55:06

I actually feel really sorry for you OP of this is what you aspire to.

Simonstrousers Wed 13-Jan-21 20:55:08

It’s not actually about materialism as I have no desire for designer bags or shoes. Having seen many friends end up in shitty situations with their marriages and being left to struggle financially, at least these women will be ok, especially if you have children, doesn’t that instinct become stronger? It’s a cynical old world.

Paul72 Wed 13-Jan-21 20:55:45

My wife is much richer than I am. We are both retired, she got a lump sum and a really good pension. I've got a basic pension.
Who cares? What matters to me is that she is the most beautiful woman in the whole world. She seems to think I'm nice too.
Money does not matter, what matters is love

bp300 Wed 13-Jan-21 20:56:49

I don't know any men that care how wealthy prospective partners are or what jobs they have.

DeeCeeCherry Wed 13-Jan-21 20:58:25

I had a friend who'd buy designer outfits and bags - didn't buy loads, just key pieces. She'd go to Saatchi Gallery exhibition openings, various other 'opening nights' events. She did meet a rich man, they dated then married. 15 years ago or so.

I won't judge a woman for wanting a rich man, each to their own why not.

DP isn't rich but he's comfortable and that makes my life a whole lot easier and less stressful. I'm not a "love conquers all" type equally I won't scorn anyone who is, it's their business

sabrinathemiddleagewitch Wed 13-Jan-21 20:59:16

Simonstrousers

*@sparticuscaticus* Why 🤷🏻‍♀️ I reckon most people would want that, life is very hard, if you’ve ever struggled financially, things change, your mindset changes. Most of these women are set up for life, it’s an easier life is it not?!

How do you know it's the men who are earning the money? The "plain" wives could be? Hence having no Interest in lavish looks.

Or they could be equal in terms of what they bring to the family. Either way a weird woman saying she wants a rich husband is the least of their concerns...

Simonstrousers Wed 13-Jan-21 20:59:47

@Kinlocrhum

Finally, some constructive advice!

@Paul72 Love most definitely is what’s most important, I 100% agree, it’s generally in short supply sadly for many people nowadays.

C0NNIE Wed 13-Jan-21 21:00:13

@Simonstrousers and welcome to Mumsnet. Why don’t you tell us more about yourself and why you decide to join MN to post about your search for a rich man?

Do you imagine that most of the posters here are wealthy and could advise you ? Or do you feel that it’s the kind of thing that MNers know a lot about.

Please do tell, I’m curious.

ShirleyPhallus Wed 13-Jan-21 21:01:09

CakeRequired

Why don't you just watch a film to find out? I'd suggest pretty woman, start by becoming a prostitute, be easy and eventually you might win the heart of a man who's wallet you desire.

This is excellent advice 👏🏼

Ritasueandbobtoo9 Wed 13-Jan-21 21:02:11

Get an appropriately sized bag, capture man, enjoy the fruits of your bagging 😄

ioffernothing Wed 13-Jan-21 21:03:04

I can ask my sister's husband how he bagged a wealthy woman if you like?

time4anothername Wed 13-Jan-21 21:03:23

Simonstrousers

It’s not actually about materialism as I have no desire for designer bags or shoes. Having seen many friends end up in shitty situations with their marriages and being left to struggle financially, at least these women will be ok, especially if you have children, doesn’t that instinct become stronger? It’s a cynical old world.

if you've lived in the millionaire mansions and divorce leaves you living in an ordinary house and your children unable to keep up with the skiing etc holidays of their private school peers, wouldn't you still feel impoverished and miserable if all that had been important to you? Isn't it all relative?

Simonstrousers Wed 13-Jan-21 21:03:24

@sabrinathemiddleagewitch I’m talking specifically about the situations where the man is the one bringing the money in.
The scenarios I know of, it’s the men,
I agree with a previous poster that a few I know of who are now Sahm (very ambitious A type individuals) had their own careers..I wouldn’t say particularly high flying ones though..

sparticuscaticus Wed 13-Jan-21 21:03:45

Simonstrousers

*@sparticuscaticus* Why 🤷🏻‍♀️ I reckon most people would want that, life is very hard, if you’ve ever struggled financially, things change, your mindset changes. Most of these women are set up for life, it’s an easier life is it not?!

Please dont include me in this awful & sexist thread

I struggle financially as a lone parent , so I appreciate financial security

No I don't believe the way out is to marry a wealthy man

Way to set back gender politics 40 years ...

The way out is for affordable childcare, equivalent part time jobs that are low paid as mostly women or carers for others doing them, and an end to assumptions that men ought earn big or have the money to support you. Let us earn it fairly and equally. Pay workers fairly for level of responsibility

The wealthiest men I know, and my exH was and is one (& hides all his money defaults on any maintenance not even a penny) aren't often nice people. Give me a decent less affluent man any time over an entitled rich one.

Simonstrousers Wed 13-Jan-21 21:05:51

@CONNIE I didn’t join Mn for this, have been on for a few years and name changed, for obvious reasons!
It just intrigues me, I suppose. I live next to a very affluent area and it’s something I always wonder about

YourWurstNightmare Wed 13-Jan-21 21:06:16

A plus-size friend married a man from money. She's decent looking but I'd say it's more that she's bubbly and warm, something he wasn't getting from his own family.

She's working class all the way. They met through friends when he was slumming it at a low paying job before his first trust fund paid out. Now they live in mansion with help and access to the family jet.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in