Talk

Advanced search

How to bag a wealthy man?

(447 Posts)
Simonstrousers Wed 13-Jan-21 20:44:42

Realise I’m going to get flamed for this, but how many of you if you really were completely honest, would prefer to be with a wealthy man, given the choice?
How do you attract them, what type of women do they go for?
I live abroad, 10 minutes away are multi millionaire pound villas, extensive gyms and restaurants etc. I’ve seen these men with a mix of women..some much younger and glamorous (fairly obvious) but many of the wives are fairly quiet and quite plain.
How go these women generally end up with these men?

OP’s posts: |
Simonstrousers Wed 13-Jan-21 20:45:28

*Expensive gyms

Simonstrousers Wed 13-Jan-21 20:46:03

Do you believe some of these women actually set out to deliberately meet a rich man?

sparticuscaticus Wed 13-Jan-21 20:46:36

Seriously
This is a terrible thread

ProbsAIBU Wed 13-Jan-21 20:46:45

Be a rich woman OP!

Simonstrousers Wed 13-Jan-21 20:47:45

@ProbsAIBU 🤣I’m a well educated woman with a good job..butttt..it’s highly unlikely I’ll ever be wealthy.

Winterwoollies Wed 13-Jan-21 20:48:32

Wow. How to progress the cause of women. Naaaaaaht.

FYI, just because you’re wealthy, doesn’t automatically make you shallow AF, by the way.

RosesAndHellebores Wed 13-Jan-21 20:48:41

Well DH is very wealthy now. He wasn't when we met. I bagged him because he was very clever, loyal, kind and my type. Oh and we had shared values, politics and religion.

>>whispers gently<< being a well educated, wealthy woman helps. Maybe the wives have enough inner confidence not to worry about being quiet and plain.

Simonstrousers Wed 13-Jan-21 20:49:14

@sparticuscaticus Why 🤷🏻‍♀️ I reckon most people would want that, life is very hard, if you’ve ever struggled financially, things change, your mindset changes. Most of these women are set up for life, it’s an easier life is it not?!

CakeRequired Wed 13-Jan-21 20:49:42

Why don't you just watch a film to find out? I'd suggest pretty woman, start by becoming a prostitute, be easy and eventually you might win the heart of a man who's wallet you desire.

EarthWonderer Wed 13-Jan-21 20:49:43

Ughh, how materialistic

TheUndoingProject Wed 13-Jan-21 20:49:45

Well the wealthy men I know are all married to wealthy, high flying women, most of whom they met at work or university. Sometimes their wives have stepped back a bit career-wise after having kids, but it does seem the easiest way to meet wealthy, successful men is to be career driven and successful yourself .

sleepyhead1980 Wed 13-Jan-21 20:49:58

Some of my friends have went after wealthy men. They went after the ugly ones and had sex with them a lot. It wasn't difficult 🤷‍♀️

1Morewineplease Wed 13-Jan-21 20:50:00

This is a desperately sad thread OP.

Cocomarine Wed 13-Jan-21 20:50:16

I had a wealthy husband - far from mega rich millionaire, but high earner with huge potential inheritance.
I left him as he had a prostitute habit.
His second wife is quiet and plain, fully aware of his habit -but chooses the money over her own self respect.
So maybe that’s part of it, sometimes 🤷🏻‍♀️

NetballHoop Wed 13-Jan-21 20:50:19

Take a deep look into Melania Trump's eyes. Do you want to be that miserable?

Just go out and find someone you actually like and make a life together.

NiceGerbil Wed 13-Jan-21 20:50:32

I'd prefer to earn my own money ta. I have a fairly good job though, if I was on min wage maybe and struggling I'd feel different.

But it's not about the man is it, it's about the money.

Is it worth it? Look at trump.

I'd say it's not uncommon for people to be together from before one of the them starts earning a lot. And most people like someone like them eg lots of wealthy private docs married to other wealthy docs.

I wouldn't want to be arm candy for some old geezer.

CloudPop Wed 13-Jan-21 20:50:49

NetballHoop

Take a deep look into Melania Trump's eyes. Do you want to be that miserable?

Just go out and find someone you actually like and make a life together.

Quite

CakeRequired Wed 13-Jan-21 20:51:00

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

ArosGartref Wed 13-Jan-21 20:51:05

A man like that is hard to find but I can't get him off my mind. Ain't it sad!

Simonstrousers Wed 13-Jan-21 20:51:24

@RosesAndHellebores Yes, I do believe some have been fortunate enough to come from a similar background themselves..is that what’s it’s about.? Would they generally only really date/marry their ‘Type’ of people?

vodkaredbullgirl Wed 13-Jan-21 20:52:02

biscuit

whippettiger Wed 13-Jan-21 20:52:02

What’s that saying, marry for money and you’ll end up earning every penny?

Did you ever stop to think that these couples relationships may predate the wealth? That maybe they just fell in love? confused

jeaux90 Wed 13-Jan-21 20:52:34

I think the best gift a woman can give herself is financial independence.

Can't think of anything worse than living in the shadow of a rich man.

Iflyaway Wed 13-Jan-21 20:52:47

What are you looking for OP.?

Someone to give you a magic key? you won't find it

Love is love, wherever it finds you.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in