Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to ask wtf is this now?

(43 Posts)
waltzeswithsnobs Sun 29-Nov-20 11:54:45

Is this what the young people are wearing these days? Face jewellery? Doesn't look very comfortable. Am I missing something here, would you wear this?

www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-face-harness-with-black-stones-in-burnished-gold-tone/prd/20689274?ctaref=we+recommend+carousel_0&featureref1=we_recommend+pers

Sorry about the long link, I tried to just upload a picture but it was too small.

OP’s posts: |
Ironingontheceiling Sun 29-Nov-20 11:56:25

I haven’t had to look at your link - I sent that exact link to dd on Friday.

Bonkers.

Ironingontheceiling Sun 29-Nov-20 11:57:07

Also

www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-face-jewellery-in-silver-tone/prd/21240085?colourwayid=60149990&SearchQuery=face%20jewellery

waltzeswithsnobs Sun 29-Nov-20 11:58:31

Also, I found that ^ because I clicked on this strange thing, trying to find out what it was. Seems to be based on glasses. There's no picture of anyone actually wearing them though. Who (if anyone) is out there wearing pretend half glasses?

Hwory Sun 29-Nov-20 11:58:57

Asos sells loads of crap I've never seen anyone wear. Men's t-shirts with giant holes in the sides. A copy of the Asda uniform.

They're a fast fashion company that sells thousands of things made in China.

Bargebill19 Sun 29-Nov-20 11:59:41

Not aimed at those who wear glasses.

waltzeswithsnobs Sun 29-Nov-20 11:59:54

grin Snap! @Ironingontheceiling

Ironingontheceiling Sun 29-Nov-20 12:00:49

waltzeswithsnobs

grin Snap! *@Ironingontheceiling*

😁

Purplecatshopaholic Sun 29-Nov-20 12:00:57

Face jewellery - spat out my tea, lol. I think the half glasses though are for wearing with masks.... someone might have a pic?

iamtheoneandonlyyy Sun 29-Nov-20 12:02:09

It's called fashion darling grin

Sparklesocks Sun 29-Nov-20 12:02:11

I would take those listings with a pinch of salt. Just because a retailer is selling them doesn’t mean everyone is wearing them! It’s already been reduced after all grin

I think ASOS have a lot of similar stuff for things like festivals where young people wear accessories/outfits they wouldn’t normally wear on a normal night out but would for a festival (like flower crowns, body glitter etc) so it might be something like that.

itsgettingweird Sun 29-Nov-20 12:04:20

Reminds me of the episode of Ab Fab and the pop specs grin

SebastianTheCrab Sun 29-Nov-20 12:07:35

waltzeswithsnobs

Also, I found that ^ because I clicked on this strange thing, trying to find out what it was. Seems to be based on glasses. There's no picture of anyone actually wearing them though. Who (if anyone) is out there wearing pretend half glasses?

Took me a minute to work out if those were for the face or bust

Pieceofpurplesky Sun 29-Nov-20 12:09:41

That face thing looks more like 'sexy' knickers

YouNoob Sun 29-Nov-20 12:13:49

Those face jewellery look hideous. These though look fab:

Heronsnest Sun 29-Nov-20 12:24:55

Face ‘harness’. Giddy-up Dobbin.

Kissthepastrychef Sun 29-Nov-20 12:27:07

On the plus side OP you've given me a great idea for some tat to flog on Facebook.

Mask jewellery 🤔

Kissthepastrychef Sun 29-Nov-20 12:28:21

I reckon the people that buy glitter coated shit, hot chocolate cones full of Poundland crap and other tat would lap them up

Mrgrinch Sun 29-Nov-20 12:31:56

YouNoob

Those face jewellery look hideous. These though look fab:

That is beautiful. The monstrosity in the OP, not so much grin

thenightsky Sun 29-Nov-20 12:36:08

Its been around a while. DD's best friend has been designing such stuff aimed at festival goers.

www.gypsy-blood.co.uk/product-page/the-sinner

slashlover Sun 29-Nov-20 12:39:45

Mask jewellery is already a thing.

I would think it would be stuff they would have sold to people going to festivals but can't now.

SlopesOff Sun 29-Nov-20 12:45:29

thenightsky

Its been around a while. DD's best friend has been designing such stuff aimed at festival goers.

www.gypsy-blood.co.uk/product-page/the-sinner

That is just for the hat, not the face chain, in case anyone misses that and buys it.

Dutchesss Sun 29-Nov-20 12:48:24

Why oh why did I click the link? I'm now going to be seeing face jewellery ads for the next month.

CuriousaboutSamphire Sun 29-Nov-20 12:51:52

That's got "cultural appropriation" written all over it, surely.

Or does that not count when the 'beautiful/woke' people do it!

MedusasBadHairDay Sun 29-Nov-20 12:54:57

I have a strong suspicion that ASOS deliberately lists weird stuff in order to have it go viral

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in