OP’s posts: |
IntoP20 Tue 24-Nov-20 23:39:48

YANBU

BooksAreNotEssentialInWales Tue 24-Nov-20 23:40:18

YABU

dinosforall Tue 24-Nov-20 23:40:44

The Covid board is that way >>>

Nicknacky Tue 24-Nov-20 23:41:15

And who made you the face covering judge?

People need to start minding their own business.

Twigletfairy Tue 24-Nov-20 23:41:48

At work we're told that the visors are just to protect our own eyes, they don't protect other people in the way masks do. We wear both mask and visor

quelquechose Tue 24-Nov-20 23:43:45

They don’t work as well. In my region (not UK) face coverings are mandatory inside and the rules (based on science and medical advice) are that visors are not sufficient.

Saying that, people are kind to each other here, so I’d assume if someone had a visor with no mask there would be a good reason for that.

nocoolnamesleft Tue 24-Nov-20 23:43:51

YANBU. They're only any use in addition to a mask.

BumbleFlump Tue 24-Nov-20 23:49:04

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

AWaspOnAWindowReturns Tue 24-Nov-20 23:52:25

BumbleFlump

Totally agree, my local sainsbos is full of selfish fuckers wearing these... they might offer some personal protection to themselves but nothing for everyone else. Might be appropriate for staff who have to wear them all day and those who are asthmatic but only as a last resort really.

Perhaps your local sainsbo's is "full" of people who can't wear a close-fitting covering over their nose and mouth for whatever genuine reason, and are therefore legally exempt... but choose to wear a visor as they find it stops some of the judgemental stares, tuts and muttered comments about them being "selfish fuckers"?

Changi Tue 24-Nov-20 23:54:45

At work, we are told to wear a visor rather than a mask so that our faces can be seen.

SheepandCow Tue 24-Nov-20 23:59:21

Nicknacky

And who made you the face covering judge?

People need to start minding their own business.

If you mean Covid precautions, then no. Not when it's something that impacts on so many other people. It's the same as drink driving.

OP - YANBU, but the How Dare People Want To Save The Long Term Economy And Lives/We Hate The Elderly and Disabled brigade will say otherwise!

SheepandCow Wed 25-Nov-20 00:00:11

Also, a visor is no good for ugly days.

pawsies Wed 25-Nov-20 00:24:40

Feel free to work a 9 hour shift working retail, having a quiet voice and various customers that rely on lip reading.

We're doing what suits our situation best thanks.

Whitworth Wed 25-Nov-20 00:24:47

nope. fair enough if someone can't wear a mask but I also see a lot of people commenting they use them because they prefer them. (including my own dm who can and has worn masks)

Givemeabreak88 Wed 25-Nov-20 00:27:24

Tbf I am exempt from wearing a face mask and got told on my local Facebook page that I should be wearing a visor instead then.

AuntyPonsonby Wed 25-Nov-20 00:33:13

Oneliner

Just that, AIBU?

YABU (or at least wrong grin). Mine covers my face.

IfOnlyOurEyesSawSouls Wed 25-Nov-20 00:38:11

YANBU

They were designed for us nurses to wear in addition to face masks .

They do NOT protect from Covid ... for either the person wearing it , or the person who is being given a service by said visor wearer.

I complained to my hairdresser that they were all wearing visors , and that i did not feel safe in there.

A few days later SAGE went on record to say that the visors are not adequate,.

IfOnlyOurEyesSawSouls Wed 25-Nov-20 00:40:29

People are seriously deluding themselves ( and being irresponsible) if they think a visor is sufficient.

They were NEVER designed to be worn on their own .

TicTacTwo Wed 25-Nov-20 00:42:31

Yanbu but I think they are allowed in England?

LaurieFairyCake Wed 25-Nov-20 00:43:07

I wear one (in school)

Totally fine as long as you social distance. I don't get within 2 metres of anyone.

SheepandCow Wed 25-Nov-20 00:46:01

pawsies

Feel free to work a 9 hour shift working retail, having a quiet voice and various customers that rely on lip reading.

We're doing what suits our situation best thanks.

Out of interest, would your employer refuse to employ women who wear the niqab?

Quaagars Wed 25-Nov-20 00:46:12

A visor without a mask isn't a face covering in my opinion.
If you're wearing a visor, should be a mask too as face still exposed.
Still can't get worked up though if anyone does wear just a visor.
<fence sits and gets splinters>
lol

CreditScoreOfaHomelessGhost Wed 25-Nov-20 00:52:52

A visor is better than nothing imo

SheepandCow Wed 25-Nov-20 00:57:44

To be fair, they don't really adequately protect, but I agree it's probably better than nothing - as long as people are aware it's not proper protection and adjust to take any precautions it might necessitate. So no false sense of security.
(Still completely useless for those ugly days).

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in