Talk

Advanced search

Should I report these students?

(71 Posts)
OhBrar Sat 21-Nov-20 22:36:43

There's two massive student parties going on on the street next to me - music, lights, booze, noise etc. I'm not massively anti student but they do make living here more expensive and when they all came back our infection rate went through the roof while they were all whining about their freedoms and infecting the rest of us going to necessary work.

I've never grassed anyone up before but students as a cohort have not been good for our town in lockdown. Wibu to tip the police off?

OP’s posts: |
ssd Sat 21-Nov-20 22:37:57

I'd report them. Stupid buggers.

CrotchBurn Sat 21-Nov-20 22:40:16

Yes call the police, tell them to bring dogs

AlpineSnow Sat 21-Nov-20 22:41:24

Definitely report them

OhBrar Sat 21-Nov-20 22:42:06

Ah, don't take the piss.

I'm just not cool with people doing stuff that will obviously spread this thing.

Thanks ssd.

SpillingTheTea Sat 21-Nov-20 22:42:15

Yes I would.

wegetthejobdone Sat 21-Nov-20 22:42:20

Report them to their university as well if you know which one they go to.

CarolinaPink Sat 21-Nov-20 22:42:57

Yes

CarolinaPink Sat 21-Nov-20 22:43:30

Sorry, I meant yes - report them

FromThe70s Sat 21-Nov-20 22:46:32

If it were one or two people from another household I’d let it go, but a massive party? Definitely report. They are literally endangering lives, FFS!

pinkstripeycat Sat 21-Nov-20 22:50:03

I and others can’t work and am not earning due to selfish idiots like this! People are dying for heavens sake

pinkstripeycat Sat 21-Nov-20 22:50:21

Sorry op yes do report

HollowTalk Sat 21-Nov-20 22:51:26

I'd definitely report them. It's a lockdown, ffs!

OhBrar Sat 21-Nov-20 22:51:58

Yeah that's what I think too @FromThe70s. I mean, I have to catch the bus to work on Monday morning, I don't want to be on it with arseholes who've been partying all weekend round the corner.

HerRoyalNotness Sat 21-Nov-20 22:53:38

Yes. Hs eldest is isolating now at uni as her halls flat had a party and invited the next door flat along too, some of them were positive and spread it into her flat. Really silly of them all.

icanboogieboogiewoogie Sat 21-Nov-20 22:54:02

I would. All these outpouring about poor students, 'prisoners' in the accommodation. Yes, many may have been following covid restrictions but many, many were not.

LAgeDeRaisin Sat 21-Nov-20 22:54:21

Definitely report. Somebody might die because of their selfishness.

Fuck me I'd love to be able to go to some parties but instead I'm on lockdown when I'm not going to work as a doctor in geriatrics caring for the people these arseholes are infecting.

Fucknuggets. Hope the fine money gets put towards some mega cases of wine for all the clinical staff dealing with this shit

LadyTiredWinterBottom2 Sat 21-Nov-20 22:54:23

Definitely report them. Generally l don't get involved but they are taking the piss.

doctorhamster Sat 21-Nov-20 22:55:40

Yes report them. Irresponsible arseholes.

captainprincess Sat 21-Nov-20 23:03:30

Absolutely report. Good for you for doing something about it.

ShalomToYouJackie Sat 21-Nov-20 23:04:24

Definitely report to police now and report to their uni in the morning. Selfish arseholes

SchrodingersImmigrant Sat 21-Nov-20 23:06:45

OhBrar

Yeah that's what I think too *@FromThe70s*. I mean, I have to catch the bus to work on Monday morning, I don't want to be on it with arseholes who've been partying all weekend round the corner.

One problem doen. Don't they all have online only? Everyone I know has online only unless they have labs or nhrsing or teaching experience.

Report them. The few idiots are making life harder for the manority who behaves

OhBrar Sat 21-Nov-20 23:14:16

Wow I'm kind of amazed by the consensus. I didn't think it would be so strong.

But yeah anyway I have reported. I don't feel good about it and tbh 😔 not happy it's necessary but I'm looking at the death figures for our area and nationally and it's not good 😟 I just want people to stop doing things that puts us all at risk 😟

Greyhair59 Sat 21-Nov-20 23:15:27

No. The more of them that catch covid the better so they will get immunity. IF masks work they are unlikely to pass it on - students mostly only mix with other students and will pay in many ways in terms of reduced opportunities, damage to mental health and they will pay taxes to cover the cost of this governments' disastrous strategy. Stop blaming students!!

OhBrar Sat 21-Nov-20 23:17:23

Ok but they're getting the same bus as me on Monday.

Anyway it's done now.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in