Talk

Advanced search

Morrisons More - Theft

(53 Posts)
Whatamesssss Fri 30-Oct-20 11:16:45

I just wanted to let everyone know that your More points are not safe. I have just discovered that the points I was saving all year for Christmas have been stolen.

Morrisons more will not reimburse the points even though they were used hundreds of miles from my location and I had requested online only and they were used in store.

I haven't lost my card. They claim it was my password. I use the random password generator so it is unique to that website. They will not take responsibility.

So check your points and spend them as soon as possible. So annoyed angry

OP’s posts: |
Whatamesssss Fri 30-Oct-20 11:18:06

Also no notification that my preferences had been changed or that I had redeemed the points.

I only discovered it by chance as I placed an order.

Whatamesssss Fri 30-Oct-20 11:26:50

Has anyone else had this happen?

ShalomToYouJackie Fri 30-Oct-20 11:33:03

Sorry it's a link to The Scum but yes, it's happened to lots of people https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/money/10385329/morrisons-shoppers-furious-loyalty-points-stolen/amp/

Whatamesssss Fri 30-Oct-20 11:41:49

ShalomToYouJackie

Sorry it's a link to The Scum but yes, it's happened to lots of people www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/money/10385329/morrisons-shoppers-furious-loyalty-points-stolen/amp/

shock

That is exactly what they quoted to me. That have i been pwned site started years ago. I have changed my passwords many times since.

You would think they would review their security.

Whatamesssss Fri 30-Oct-20 11:44:21

Just been looking on twitter and a few other people reporting exactly the same thing. Get spending people before they disappear.

VettiyaIruken Fri 30-Oct-20 11:46:28

That article is from a year ago.
So this is the second year running? That has to be negligence now on their part, surely?

SunshineCake Fri 30-Oct-20 11:47:30

Also happened with Sainsbury's nectar points.

keepgoingorstop Fri 30-Oct-20 11:48:39

I'm also a victim!

Whatamesssss Fri 30-Oct-20 11:52:39

keepgoingorstop

I'm also a victim!

What happened to yours? Was this recent?

JamieLeeCurtains Fri 30-Oct-20 11:54:28

I wonder if it might be worth contacting the office of the Information Commissioner? I think you're right about lax digital security.

Coffeecak3 Fri 30-Oct-20 11:59:47

It would be interesting to know if they’ve all been used in the Yorkshire area where they are based.
I see on the link someone said their points were used in Leeds.

DC3Dakota Fri 30-Oct-20 12:00:25

Yes it's happened to me

DC3Dakota Fri 30-Oct-20 12:01:07

Coffeecak3

It would be interesting to know if they’ve all been used in the Yorkshire area where they are based.
I see on the link someone said their points were used in Leeds.

I'm in Yorkshire and it's happened to me!

Malbecfan Fri 30-Oct-20 12:01:18

Happened with Tesco Clubcard a few years ago. I share an account with DH and they were stolen on his username. Tesco were brilliant. They could see that I was in the SW and they were spent in Essex. We have never been to that store and they refunded us. It was due to a hack on an unrelated DIY or components store and DH had used the same password. Never again. Lesson learned, unique passwords now for each organisation.

Whatamesssss Fri 30-Oct-20 12:03:25

JamieLeeCurtains

I wonder if it might be worth contacting the office of the Information Commissioner? I think you're right about lax digital security.

That's a good idea. I will report them. If it's happening to so many people surely there must be either a breach of security or it's internal.

Interestingly on the Sun article one victim said their points were spent in Leeds, mine were too.

60sbird Fri 30-Oct-20 12:11:31

Happened with my Sainsburys nectar points but as luck would have it I collected points on my shopping in one store 30 mins after they had been redeemed a couple of hundred miles away so they gave me a new account and replaced my points.

Whatamesssss Fri 30-Oct-20 12:12:27

Seems like a pattern is emerging here. Many stolen points spent in Leeds where their head office is located. hmm

marveloustimeruiningeverything Fri 30-Oct-20 12:12:53

Suspect it's an internal theft, frankly.

Coffeecak3 Fri 30-Oct-20 12:12:54

I’ve just removed my card details from my Morrison’s account.
If they can keep my points safe I’m not trusting them with my online shopping payment details.

Coffeecak3 Fri 30-Oct-20 12:13:22

can’t

Hoppinggreen Fri 30-Oct-20 12:18:20

Must be internal

Whatamesssss Fri 30-Oct-20 12:19:23

marveloustimeruiningeverything

Suspect it's an internal theft, frankly.

It must be. I have never used my card in store ever. Do all my shopping online. My passwords are secure and random, you couldn't guess the password. I haven't been hacked, have good personal home security.

I assume to spend points you need to present your card as well? I have my card here.

Do they print the cards in Leeds as well does anyone know?

AldiIsla Fri 30-Oct-20 12:22:36

When this happened last time loads of people were saying it had to be internal.

They just don't care.

AldiAisleofCrap Fri 30-Oct-20 12:22:44

Very suspicious that it’s happening in Yorkshire! I read about this last year.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in