Talk

Advanced search

to think if I am lying in bed thinking about work and solving work problems in my head, then

(27 Posts)
chomalungma Wed 21-Oct-20 04:11:23

it should count as work and I can claim the time back grin

Which is why I am awake at 4am having spent an hour thinking about work and solving problems.

I don't think the boss will buy it though. Or they might try the same thing!

OP’s posts: |
Avacadoandtoast Wed 21-Oct-20 04:43:30

Hahah absolutely - flexible working and all that!

Poppingnostopping Wed 21-Oct-20 04:44:38

same here

Skippii Wed 21-Oct-20 04:46:56

My boss is fine with it, I get up and work and email to say so, then long nap over lunch

Skippii Wed 21-Oct-20 04:47:33

Just on here and making some toast before I start

Jobseeker19 Wed 21-Oct-20 04:49:55

I'm doing the same!

Thinking about how I can call out a lazy co-worker on her laziness whilst not looking like a bitch.

nitgel Wed 21-Oct-20 04:51:23

Same sad

chomalungma Wed 21-Oct-20 04:55:24

Skippii

My boss is fine with it, I get up and work and email to say so, then long nap over lunch

Now that's a thought grin

Teapot13 Wed 21-Oct-20 05:19:30

Well, if you are a lawyer billing your time, you absolutely include that sort of thing.

funtimefrank Wed 21-Oct-20 05:22:05

I got up for a wee at 3, a work thought popped into my head, became a work worry and I haven't been able to sleep since.

No meetings till 10 this morning so I'm
Planning a bit of a snooze and a late start. Fight the power I say

Sparklehead Wed 21-Oct-20 06:29:02

I’ve spent the night dreaming about work, and woken up with lists in my head that I’m mentally working my way through.

Annoyingly, I’m actually on annual leave for a week, and I’m wishing that my work brain would shut off and give me a much needed break!

Sciurus83 Wed 21-Oct-20 06:35:20

I feel like we all just live at work now

nosswith Wed 21-Oct-20 06:53:43

Two thoughts came to mind- the concern if this is a regular thing, and secondly, that most places I have ever worked at have someone who will do as little as they can get away with and would use this to reduce their work even more.

Hope OP you managed to get back to sleep.

sunlight81 Wed 21-Oct-20 06:55:30

I've done some of my best work thinking in the shower!!!

EerilyDeleted Wed 21-Oct-20 07:00:41

That happens to me, but I also think about home stuff when I'm at work so I figure it all balances out in the end.

NoPinkPlease Wed 21-Oct-20 07:00:59

Jobseeker19

I'm doing the same!

Thinking about how I can call out a lazy co-worker on her laziness whilst not looking like a bitch.

I also have this problem :-(

newmumwithquestions Wed 21-Oct-20 07:05:11

I’d be fine with this! Sort of. If you are genuinely working then I don’t give a stuff when you do it. So if you work well at 4 am but not at 2pm then work at 4 am but not at 2 pm.

But if you’re just lying there worrying and neither working, nor getting the rest you need to be able to work and live effectively then I’d suggest trying some mindfulness techniques to try to switch off!

middleager Wed 21-Oct-20 07:08:16

I'm the same. Just worrying about work in bed.

So I tried listening to Ruby Wax's Mindfulness book on my Alexa. Gueds what? Could not focus - work distracted me sad

middleager Wed 21-Oct-20 07:09:00

This was at 5am. Did not get back to sleep...

MadameMeursault Wed 21-Oct-20 07:50:51

Before lockdown I would swim some lunchtimes with a friend and
colleague and when we talked about work we would say it was a meeting and we should claim the time! We never did, but it made us feel less bad for chatting during actual work. I too have a lot of great ideas in the shower!

thedevilinablackdress Wed 21-Oct-20 07:54:02

It counts if you're in the bath too, right?

chomalungma Wed 21-Oct-20 07:58:32

thedevilinablackdress

It counts if you're in the bath too, right?

I'd say so grin

And on the commute and walk to work?

chomalungma Wed 21-Oct-20 07:58:59

EerilyDeleted

That happens to me, but I also think about home stuff when I'm at work so I figure it all balances out in the end.

That's true!

LyingDogsLie1 Wed 21-Oct-20 07:59:39

Teapot13

Well, if you are a lawyer billing your time, you absolutely include that sort of thing.

We call it prep!

LyingDogsLie1 Wed 21-Oct-20 08:00:22

Though in honesty it would have to be more tangible for me to record it. Ie sat researching or thinking whilst drafting.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in