Talk

Advanced search

to think that this woman was very selfish

(393 Posts)
littlemsattitude Sat 19-Sep-20 17:28:09

This morning at the petrol station she was in the shop with her husband, they walked round several of the aisles without buying anything and then she went with him to pay for the petrol, he was wearing a mask and she didn't. He paid for the petrol and they didn't buy anything else.

She should have waited in the car, there was no reason for them both to be in the shop angry

OP’s posts: |
TeddyDahlia Sat 19-Sep-20 17:30:51

She should have worn a mask or waited in the car.

DifficultPifcultLemonDifficult Sat 19-Sep-20 17:34:59

Is this what we are reduced to now? Complaining about a couple being in a shop together?

I am pretty ill at the minute, I'm on medication that has fucked my tastebuds (and everything else) I quite often go shopping with my dp because, at the moment I struggle lifting and pushing the trolley, but I need to eat and I really don't know what I fancy/can swallow, so i go for a look.

Is that ok with you? hmm

tobedtoMNandfart Sat 19-Sep-20 17:36:50

Unfortunately this current situation tends to make us all more judgmental but this is not a Nazi state. There are any number of reasons why she wasn't wearing one.

Kazakaren Sat 19-Sep-20 17:38:45

Did it bother you that much that you had to post about it grin

Readytogogogo Sat 19-Sep-20 17:39:18

This sort of attitude becoming more acceptable is really beginning to alarm me. You have no idea what is going on in her life.

SoManyActivities Sat 19-Sep-20 17:40:00

Oh FFS...

Aswad Sat 19-Sep-20 17:40:16

YABVU. Can’t imagine having this much time on my hands to note this all down and then go on Mumsnet to start a thread .

Bluntness100 Sat 19-Sep-20 17:41:10

Is this what we are reduced to now? Complaining about a couple being in a shop together

A whole new low it seems.

VainAbigail Sat 19-Sep-20 17:41:29

Mind your own business FFS. You have absolutely no idea what was going on with them.

Bitchy post about nothing.

Smallsteps88 Sat 19-Sep-20 17:42:05

You should have purchased a life while you were in the shop OP. You’re in urgent need of one.

TeddyDahlia Sat 19-Sep-20 17:42:15

Going shopping with your partner is fine, but if you can’t wear a mask and you don’t need to accompany them, why risk other people’s safety by doing so? Just seems like such a pointless risk to take for the sake of five minutes wandering around in a petrol station.

vodkaredbullgirl Sat 19-Sep-20 17:43:03

Oh dear, maybe she had a reason.

caughtalightsneeze Sat 19-Sep-20 17:44:44

Readytogogogo

This sort of attitude becoming more acceptable is really beginning to alarm me. You have no idea what is going on in her life.

It's frightening

WhoWouldHaveThoughtThat Sat 19-Sep-20 17:45:34

Perhaps she was looking to see if they sold masks? wink

Smileandtheworldsmileswithyou Sat 19-Sep-20 17:47:10

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

littlemsattitude Sat 19-Sep-20 17:47:45

DifficultPifcultLemonDifficult

Is this what we are reduced to now? Complaining about a couple being in a shop together?

I am pretty ill at the minute, I'm on medication that has fucked my tastebuds (and everything else) I quite often go shopping with my dp because, at the moment I struggle lifting and pushing the trolley, but I need to eat and I really don't know what I fancy/can swallow, so i go for a look.

Is that ok with you? hmm

That's very different to walking round a petrol station shop when you are not buying anything.

I find it hard to wear a mask so I go in shops as little as possible for as little time as possible, that's what we should all be doing. I don't go for a little stroll round a shop without a mask as that's unfair on others who are vulnerable.

OP’s posts: |
GoodbyePorpoiseSpit Sat 19-Sep-20 17:48:09

Urgh...what a thread.
This kind of nasty, judgey, speculation makes me despair of us all.

Hokeywokey Sat 19-Sep-20 17:48:13

'kin hell. Is this a piss take thread?

MynephewR Sat 19-Sep-20 17:48:17

Readytogogogo

Yep, it's scary. Get a life OP.

SophiePie Sat 19-Sep-20 17:49:42

This is pathetic, did you consider that maybe she's exempt? Perhaps next time you should ask her full medical history in the shop hmm

caughtalightsneeze Sat 19-Sep-20 17:50:48

That's very different to walking round a petrol station shop when you are not buying anything.

Presumably they didn't stock whatever it was the woman wanted to buy. She wouldn't have known that until she walked around the shop and looked.

SaveUsername123456 Sat 19-Sep-20 17:51:33

Has it ever crossed your mind that she could have been face mask exempt?
Not everyone is required to wear one. We don't know what people's circumstances are.
I do feel that this is very judgemental and did not require a post about it.

This is what society has come down to complaining on forums.

RepeatSwan Sat 19-Sep-20 17:52:01

I was expecting a more dramatic event to comment on than this grin

AlexisCarringtonColbyDexter Sat 19-Sep-20 17:52:05

Get a fcking life.

This is utterly pathetic.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in